𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖔 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖞𝖊𝖆𝖗!

Start from the beginning

"What is it, sweetheart?"

Hope gave her mother a sweet kiss on the cheek and thrust the parchment paper right under her nose. "I passed almost everything - and I can take all the N.E.W.T.S. I need to get onto that French auror course Fleur was telling us about!"

"That's lovely," Margo ran a hand over her daughter's hair. Today had been a good day for the older Lovegood - it was almost dinnertime and she'd managed to avoid any major breakdowns, even with Remus working at the bookshop all day. "What about you, Venus?"

Venus Hawthorne gave her a tired smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. The girl had been staying with the Lupins for the week following the World Cup, wanting to avoid worrying her mother, brother and step-father after the events of the night in question. "Nadia's tutoring payed off - I managed to get As in Transfiguration and Charms-"

"But she got Os in Herbology, Defense, Potions and Divination!" Hope interjected, giving her friend a bright smile. "Mum's favorite subject was divination too, wasn't it mum?"

Margo hummed in affirmation, swaying slightly in her chair. "Oh, yes. Your father did always make fun of me - used to say Divination wasn't a real subject. Of course, he only teased me because it was the only subject he couldn't get an O in."

"Really?" Venus wondered. "Remus is always so supportive about it - he brought me this book back from the bookshop he works at - Prophecies in the Stars and How to Read Them."

Hope gave her mother a concerned glance, but the woman merely blinked hard twice and resumed painting. The word on the street was that though her mother had always been a little away with the fairies, but as Xenophilius and Luna were, something had happened during the war to have pushed her to the edge of insanity. Of course Remus did his best to keep her safe and as happy as she could be - but Margo Lovegood still had her moments.

"I must have been thinking of someone else," she muttered and Venus looked over her shoulder to look at the painting.

"Are those mermaids?" She asked, feeling as though she'd seen them before somehow. Maybe passing by the windows of the Slytherin common room which looked onto the depths of the Black Lake. "They look so familiar."

Margo glanced back at her in alarm, quickly pushing the still-wet parchment into a drawer. "No. They're inferi. You wouldn't have ever encountered one. They're rare creatures."

"Oh," Venus shrugged, shaking her head slightly. Rubbing at her still slightly sore muscles she walked over to the oven and pulled out a cake. "Anyway, I made this earlier to celebrate."

"Is that chocolate?" Remus Lupin walked into the kitchen, looking exhausted after a long day at work. The silvery scars on his face seemed to shine brighter under the kitchen light. He set his coat over the back of a chair, kissed Margo with a fond smile and sat down at the table.

Hope turned to her parents, frantically shaking her head. If there was one thing to know about Venus Hawthorne, it was that she wasn't capable of cooking anything without something going very very wrong.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

The following morning, Hope and Venus stood on Platform 9 3/4, trunks in hand and broomsticks over their shoulders. Unlike many other Hogwarts students, neither of them had a pet - Hope was far too impatient, and Venus was far too careless to deal with the upkeep of a whole other life.