Chapter Nine - Game Night

Start from the beginning

"Taking the words out of my mouth." Erza smiles, but it drops as she stalks out of the infirmary.

I guess I'll stay here and wait.

Erza's P.O.V.

I'm so mad at myself. How could I not see that it was Minerva? Maybe I didn't see because the evil wizard's work was much stronger. Also my mental stability is still slightly off. I walk slowly to see Ultear banging on their door.

"Don't you have a key?" I ask her.

"No. Your yelling at her made me come out without notice of being locked out!" She hisses giving me a mean look.

I huff, putting a hand on my hip. "Can I try to get in?"

"You're just gonna break the door down."

"No, I promise I won't. I have some information that'll make her feel better and me more guilty." I state, crossing my arms. "Leave."

Ultear sighs, shrugging. "You'll be the one fixing the door." She mumbles, walking away.

I swallow, sitting down with my back against the door. "I am really sorry for framing you, Meredy." I say, the sniffling stops for a moment. "There's an evil Mage involved with this, and I'm pretty sure I'm still mentally messed up, so maybe you should just ignore when I say anything bad about you, or anyone. You're my comrade, and I can't live with the burden of making you cry."

There's silence. "You thought I was a dark-?!"

"No, I didn't see the possibility of somebody like that, and considering Minerva was dealt in this too, I'm just paranoid at the moment. I went into conclusions too quickly, and to make you feel better, I'm a wreck because of what's going on. I have absolutely no solution to make Jellal and my relationship go back to normal. Ultear and Jellal are heart broken, and I'm the cause of this." I fiddle with my fingers. "For what's happening there's no way in any right mind that you would even hurt those four, especially Juvia." I bite my lower lip. "I'm so sorry, Meredy..."

And I fall backwards because the door opened. I stare up at Meredy, her face blurry because I'm trying not to cry.

"It's not my fault..." She says.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes. "No of course not. It was never ever your fault. Look at you!" I stand and put my hands on her shoulders. "There's not a scratch on you, and that proves that you defiantly didn't do anything."

Meredy hugs me, really close and sobs into my chest. I put my arms around her stroking her hair. "Don't let anyone get to you about things like this. Now everyone is all screwed up." I say into her hair. "Wanna talk?" I ask, pulling away to see her face.

She nods. "Yeah..." Meredy unlocks the door and then closes it and we sit on the couch and start to be normal girls.

Jellal's P.O.V.

Right now. I'm heading over to Meredy and Ultear's room just in case Erza lost temper and broke the door down. I stop to look down the hall and see no wreckage, but no sign of Erza.

I track my way to Meredy's room. And I knock, hoping she'll open it for me. "Hey, you still in here Meredy?"

"Yup! One sec!" I blink at hearing her perky voice. She opens it a crack. "You're not gonna yell at Erza are you?"

I frown. "What?"

She opens the door and I see Erza looking over with a smile but it drops when she sees me and a slight look of terror crosses her face. I face palm.

"And I thought you would have broken the door down." A small smile finds its way to my lips. "Never stop surprising me." I scratch the back of my neck. I haven't really been in such a serious relationship, I mean Ultear and I had a thing, but it was a fail.