A Second Date?

I woke up with a yawn, stretching. The blankets slid off of me as I sat up, looking around. I blinked, not recognizing the room, before the events of last night came flooding back. I smiled, fidgeting with the t-shirt that Ace had let me borrow. It still smelled faintly like him, and that only made my smile get bigger. There was a sudden knock on my door and I jumped.

"Um, Y/N? Sorry if I woke you up, I just wanted to see if you wanted to get breakfast," Ace called, leaving the door closed. 

"Oh no I was already awake!" I called back, sliding out of bed.

I walked to the door, pulling it open and giving him a smile. He smiled back, cheeks going pink. 

"Good morning! You look beautiful today," he said, almost shyly.

I felt my own face turn pink as I shrugged. I knew he was just being nice. There was no way he truly believed I looked beautiful, not in a t-shirt three sizes too big for me with my hair all a mess from sleeping. Besides, he had seen way more beautiful groupies, I was certain of that.

"Thank you. You look nice," I mumbled. 

"So do you want to go out for breakfast? Or would you rather just get room service? I haven't had anything from this hotel yet but Gene has and he said it's just okay. And Gene would know, he loves eating," Ace said with a giggle. "Eating and women and sometimes both at the same time, that's what he always says!" 

I giggled myself, giving him a smile.

"I wouldn't mind going out! It doesn't have to be anywhere too fancy or anything, just someplace nice where we can get a quick bite before I head home." 

His eyes grew sad and he nodded, giving my hand a squeeze. 

"We'll find a place. Do you want to get changed first?" he asked.

"Oh, um...would I be able to get showered first?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Of course!" he said. "Here, I'll show you where the shower is and how it works, I'll get you a fresh towel too," he said, taking my hand and leading me to the bathroom. 

"Okay so here's a towel," he said, reaching into the cabinet and handing the softest towel I've ever felt to me. 

"And then with the shower you pull the knob out and turn it left for hot water, right for cold water! Oh, you need your clothes, let me go get those for you," he said, dropping my hand and darting out of the room. 

Smiling, I hugged the towel tightly. Ace was a total sweetheart and was oh so much fun to hang out with him. He returned in a moment with a neatly folded stack of my clothes from yesterday. 

"Here you go! Let me know when you're ready or if you need anything while you're getting showered," he said, hesitating for a moment before kissing me on the forehead and walking out of the bathroom.

I took off Ace's borrowed clothes, stepping into the warm shower and letting the soothing water washed over me. It was bittersweet, thinking that breakfast was going to be the last time we saw each other. He'd have no reason to want to see a regular old girl like me, not when he could have the glamorous groupies that came with the rock star life. Eventually I had gotten dried off and dressed again, stepping out of the bathroom.

"Here you go," I said, handing him back his clothes he had loaned me. 

He smiled, setting them in his room before taking my hand. "Shall we go to breakfast?"

Smiling right back, I gave his hand a squeeze. "We shall!" 

Breakfast was wonderful but ended too soon, and I tried not to show how sad I was starting to get as Ace drove me to the bus stop. Biting back a sigh, I stepped out of his car, heading toward the depot as Ace walked with me.

"Well, thank you very much for everything. I really enjoyed our time together and I love your solo album," I said with a smile.

He put a hand on my cheek, lifting my face toward mine with a smile of his own.

"Can I see you next week?" he asked.

"What?" I asked, confused, but his smile just got bigger.

"At next week's show! I want to see you backstage and maybe get dinner with you again. Unless you're busy?"

"Oh! N-no, not at all! I'll be free, don't worry," I said.

He didn't say anything back, just leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I froze, eyes widening, before returning the soft kiss. At last we broke apart and he sent me onto the bus with one last kiss and his phone number, telling me to text him. Heart racing, I sat in my seat heading home with a wide smile on my face. To think, a chance encounter in a record store was going to lead to me meeting up with my favorite rock star not only once, but twice.