Epilogue

GRAPEFRUIT

Soil sat and watched as the RainWings build the expansion for the pavilion. Their two little dragonets, Clay and Glory (named after two of the dragonets of destiny) sat beside him, admiring the fast yet efficient work of the builders.

Grapefruit edged closer to him. "Wow," she said. "Rosebush found an amazing builder team." "Yup," said Soil. He had become thinner, more like a RainWing. Grapefruit knew that Earth, on the other hand, had grown thicker and had become more of a MudWing. "When are Auburn, Earth, and the unsibs visiting next?" Grapefruit asked curiously. "In two weeks," Soil replied. "Good," said Grapefruit, her gaze latching onto Sienna, who nearly looked like a brown RainWing as she helped build.

"Daddy!" said Clay with admiration, the ruff behind his ears turning yellow with excitement, "Aunt Sienna is working so fast!" Soil laughed. "She worked very hard to become that way, Clay," he informed the little dragonet. "Where's Uncle Leaf?" Glory asked. "Isn't he with Aunt Sienna all the time?" "He has a different job, dear," Grapefruit told her daughter. "Why aren't you and Daddy working right now?" Clay asked. "Queen Rosebush doesn't need us right now," said Grapefruit. "We're her advisors. We only work when she needs us to." "Oh," said Clay.

"Hi, Uncle Soil and Aunt Grapefruit!" someone yelled. Mosquito and Violet, Sienna and Leaf's dragonets, came flying in from the trees. "Can we play with Glory and Clay?" Violet asked. "Yes, sure," Grapefruit said with a kind smile. Mosquito grinned. "Thanks!" he said. "Let's go, guys!" The quartet of dragonets flew off, awkwardly swaying since they had learned to fly very recently. "Be back before bedtime!" Grapefruit shouted. "Don't go too far away!" Soil added.

Grapefruit laughed. "I can't believe our life is so amazing," she said. "Earth is responsible for it all," Soil said. "He was the one who inspired me and my sibs to come to this rainforest to rescue him. It was here that I met you. So, he's responsible for our brilliant life." "Correct," Grapefruit said.

They sat next to each other watching the other RainWings build away. Memories came into Grapefruit's mind like a flash flood: she and Soil outside at night, watching the fireflies zip around, listening to the music of the dark rainforest. She and Soil in one of the throne room's back rooms as Auburn suffered from Vine's venom. And, the best memory of all: the one where Grapefruit realized how much she had in common with Soil, which led to her wanting to love him.

She closed her eyes and let the perfection of her life cover her like a blanket of leaves.

----

A/N 

Short epilogue! Only 400 or so words! Yet we know that there's a next generation. 

Grapefruit and Soil's dragonets will stay in the rainforest: Sienna and Leaf's dragonets will discover happiness in the Mud Kingdom later on in their lives. The cousins will be drawn apart by the appeals of both kingdoms, but many centuries later their descendants will meet, find out about their family relationship, and live happily ever after. I won't be writing a book about that, though.

Hopefully, you enjoyed this rather short book. Stay tuned for my Winterwatcher story, and bye!

-Blizzard