𝖎. 𝖆 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗!

Start from the beginning

"Don't think for one second that being my god-brother makes you exempt from my wrath," Hope grinned wickedly, hair turning a vibrant shade of crimson. "My cousin Fleur taught me a wicked hex that turns your feet into hands, and your hands into feet."

"You know, I think I'm going to let Venus call shotgun on the way back," Jem glanced back at the snoring girl with a fond chuckle. "You'd never think the absolute demon she is on the pitch was the same person."

"Don't be fooled," Hope propped her feet up on the windshield, ignoring Jem's irritated glare. "All these naps she takes make her twice as volatile when she's awake."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

After a bemusing experience with the campsite coordinator (despite his progress in terms of muggle affairs, Jem still hadn't quite figured out how to manage their money), the slightly disgruntled trio made their way to their tiny plot of land. A crooked wooden picket had been hammered into the ground, reading Lupus. Muttering an obscenity, Hope kicked the sign over, unfolded her camping chair, and delved into her copy of The Quibbler.

"You know I love your Uncle, Hope - but the only good thing about the Quibbler is the crossword section," Jem squinted at her. "And the coupon section too, on a good day."

"You're just reading it the wrong way." Hope flipped the magazine upside down and smiled to herself. (Much better, she thought.) "Now fuck off and leave me to my literature."

Shaking his head, Jem hoisted their tent off of his shoulders and began to rummage around for his wand, only to jump back when the canvas and sticks flew up into position by themselves. Whirling around on his heel he pointed a baffled finger at Venus, who was lazily twirling her wand between her fingers, the chipped gold paint on her nails flashing under the midday sun.

"Isn't little Venus Hawthorne a little too young to be using magic outside of school?"

Venus stretched upwards into a particularly long yawn, scratching the back of her neck with the tip of her wand. "Come off it, Jem. I turn 17 next month. Besides, how's the ministry going to track little old me in a field of hundreds and thousands of witches and wizards?"

Jem grinned at the younger girl, tucking his wand into his back pocket and lifting his and Hope's bags. The pink haired girl sat on her chair completely unbothered by her surroundings. He followed Venus into their tent, ducking down to avoid knocking his head on the entrance pole.

"Home, sweet home."

The extension charm that came with the tent had worked miracles. The main compartment of the tent had become a living room, fully equipped with a campfire style fireplace, ottomans, futons and vibrant tapestries that covered the walls. The only pieces of actual furniture were a vast bookshelf and a circular wooden table. The first of the attached compartments contained a vast brass bathtub (so that was why the bag had been so fucking heavy!). The second had a far lower ceiling, charmed in a similar way to the Great Hall back at Hogwarts to reflect the sky above. The floor was covered in quilts, cushions and blankets with enough room to fit up to eight people.

The space was quite quaint compared to other charmed tents on the market, but it was nonetheless more than habitable enough for the weekend.