realise

only now do i realise that i was, once again, too late.  my poor little angel sat on the edge of the curb, makeup smudged due to tears, or rain i do not know. "hey.." i quietly spoke, her body slowly turned around to the side so she could face me.

"mattia i cant do this anymore," she took a deep breath, "i-i need to go.." she stood up, beginning to walk away. "wait !" i called out, "that's all i ever do.. i wait for you, wether it's for you to come home, to show up to our date, to start a conversation. whatever i do, i'm always waiting for you," she replied, slowly turning around but never meeting my eyes, "a-and i hate it, i hate it so much because i still love you - i'm meant to lose feelings for you once you show you don't care...but i can't." she kept her gaze low , focussing on the ground. "y/n of course i care for you it's just i-" "then show it. there's no excuses for it, mattia. you know it, why did you waste my time?"

realisation slowly flooded my mind - i was breaking her. i had broken her - every time i ever got mad i took it out on her, ignoring her, making her feel worse than me. i watched her walk away, god i would do the same. tears slid down my face as i let out a strangled sob, i dropped onto my knees and began to cry. i just lost the best person i'd ever met, i just lost the only person to ever fully understand me - to ever be interested enough to try to get to know me. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry," the words came out as a mere whisper. i was too late, i could've stopped this from happening if i realised i was destroying her pure heart sooner. "i'm so sorry, angel."

A/N
i'm having a massive writer's block rn pls forgive me