(96) TMotDS: Evil Consensus!

Start from the beginning

"Are you not feeling well?" Jack asked again.

"I was fine earlier." He wiped his mouth with the sleeves of his shirt the turned to Jack. It was then he realized that Jack looked like he was out of breath, Behind him, Cater was clutching his chest a bit too harshly. "Are you fine?"

"It does taste bad," Cater panted. "But we're fine overall."

"Sorry, Jonah. We have to dive now." Jack stood up. "Our lung is adjusting to breathing underwater. Y-You should stay back for now."

"But-"

"Sorry. We have to go now." Cater added quickly. He reached for the Dark Mirror and chanted, " [Magic Mirror, obey me]. [Take us to the Coral Sea]."

The mirror rippled and the glass turned as blue as the ocean. The water swirled heavily like a vortex, pulling the water in the air surrounding them. Jonah watched as Cater and Jack's body slowly turned into a stream of water, being suck into the mirror, leaving their clothes and belongings on the ground. The mirror rippled once again once it had its target, leaving Jonah alone, clenching his fist, and slamming it to the ground in frustration.

"They just ditched me like that," Jonah grumbled. "I'm the one who is supposed to get the photo, but here I am, on the sideline, once again."

Riddle frowned at him. "I think we need some clarification with the headmaster about your condition," he said, wanting to reach for him for just a simple pat on the shoulder. "Because-"

"Prefect Rosehearts?"

Riddle pulled his hand back and turned toward the headmaster. "Yes?"

"Can you please share the current progress of the upcoming joint cultural festival?"

"Oh. Of course." Riddle cleared his throat and stoop up, carrying his document to the front of the prefects. "Everyone. Please look at the blackboard here." He picked up a chalk and started to write as he explained, "So far, we have planned to have some booths open for students who want to showcase their talents. Food and craft, possibly a live painting or indie movies if anyone wants to apply."

"Whoa~!" Kalim cheered. "They all sound exciting and fun!"

"The next item on the agenda is about the stage where we'll have the research presentation and speech contest," Riddle continued. "The plan is to set up three separate stages around the campus. The courtyard will be for the red stage, the gymnasium will be for the blue stage, while the largest- the coliseum will be for the purple stage. In particular, we plan for the Vocal & Dance Championship to be held in the purple stage since we're pretty sure that it will gain a lot of media attention."

He turned back facing the prefect once again. "Once we get the permission, we'll announce the application for the contest to all Night Raven College and then to the other school during Winter Break, while the Vocal & Dance Championship application will be announced once the second semester started. Any question so far?"

None of them responded so Riddle took this as a 'no'. "Alright. Next thing..."

Throughout the meeting, Azul kept looking watching the captain who just refused to look at him. His mind was filled with his plan to consult about his inability to drink that salacia potion (which Azul was also curious of where and when did Riddle brew it) and then waited for Cater Diamond and Jack Howl to return from the sea. Azul shook his head, amused. The captain played well so far, being ignorant of the other plan and sticking with the most obvious one, but even without the mind-reading Azul knew Jonah was curious about the backup plans and the frustration of not knowing.