3

‡‡

The twins walked in silence as they approached their small apartment that they shared. The twins had no parents, no parents at all.

Their parents had died in a car accident 10 years ago when the twins were 7 just three weeks after their birthday. Their aunt took them in but was no mother, once the twins had moved in with her they were on their own. They had to care for themselves, making their own food, bathing themselves, doing everything on their own. And, once the twins turned 16 and got a job and saved up money they struck of emancipation for them both to live in an apartment just three blocks from school and two blocks from their job.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" It was his turn to cook and Robert knew that "Surprise me." Bekah was a foodie type of person and would eat just about anything but Robert was a little more picky.

He had a texture issue, which left him unable to eat certain foods that would have skins on them like peas or beans, or food that felt stringy in his mouth like turkey. He tried all his life to enjoy the foods but they always made him gag and nearly get sick, so the twins eliminated those food choices and anything else that made Robert gag so they could one save money and two eat a nice meal together.

Bekah walked into the small tiled bathroom and looked in the mirror, her hair was flat ironed straight but if it wasn't she would have the small beautiful curls in her hair that Robert has. They both had light colored eyes and on some days Bekah's looked green like Robert's but mostly they were a gorgeous blue, the twins looked alike but were not identical. Some of their facial features had a slight difference; a difference you had to look for closely.

"Becks?! Robby is home are you?" Bekah got a small smile as the sound of her best friends voice Amelia rang through the apartment.

"Well just walk right on in, you know we gave you a key but not to just waltz in." Robert teased making Amelia roll her eyes as Bekah walked in "Robert." Bekah smiled and he sent his twin a sly wink letting her know he was just playing.

"What are you doing?" Amelia asked making Bekah look up at her best friend and shrug.

These two have been friends since childhood and Robert was apart of their friendship but he preferred to have no friends in school. Robert didn't like the drama or the distraction that came from having friends at school, he knew that he and his twin sister had to work hard to get good grades in order for colleges to want them, besides Robert had made friends with the other guys on the football field- yes Robert plays football.

But, that is not his choice. He needed another back up plan for college and a football scholarship can do that for him. Those guys on the football team weren't really his friends though, no. They were just his teammates in which he talked to them on the field and during practice but Robert wanted no part of the football player fame in high school.

"Why?" Bekah asks snapping Robert out of his own thoughts "I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping, or to see a movie. Tomorrow is a big day!" Amelia smiles brightly and Bekah giggled.

"Right, the final year. Our fresh start at senior year." Bekah concluded and Robert got a small smile.

"Yeah, let's go catch a movie and then come back here and get some dinner." Robert thought that tonight they could break their habit of just spending their nights alone and working on their homework separately.

"Seriously?! Becks?" Amelia gave her a questioningly look and Bekah smiled "Yeah, okay. Let's go!" Bekah gave in and the three seniors got together and left the small apartment to spend time watching a movie together.

‡‡