"Farewell!" crowd the knight, popping his head into a painting of some sinister-looking monks. "Farewell, my comrades-in-arms! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

"Yeah, we'll call you," I muttered, as the knight disappeared, "if we ever need someone mental."

We climbed the last few steps and emerged into a tiny landing, where most of the class were already assembled, including Harry, Ron and Mione.

"I guess you won't be coming with us?" I asked Elwood, facing him.

He stared anxiously at the three. "M-Maybe one day," he mumbled. I nodded, patting his shoulder, before walking over to my friends.

"You took your time," Harry said, smiling when I joined his side.

I shrugged. "We got lost - anyway, more importantly - I'm going to write to Mum and Dad and ask if I can have a pool party this summer!"

Mione squealed and Ron cheered, but Harry stared down at the floor.

"What?" I asked him.

He looked up, frowning. "I'll be at the Dursley's, remember? They wouldn't let me..."

"Don't be stupid," I said, laughing. "We'll come and get you! You can even stay round, if you're allowed."

Harry smiled. "Really?"

I nodded, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around my shoulders. "Really."

"Thanks, Mills," Harry muttered, wrapping his other arm around me too, so that both his arms were around my neck and my face on his chest. We stayed like that for a moment, before I pulled away, slapping his arm gently.

"Don't get used to that," I said quietly, scrunching my nose playfully.

"You loved it," Harry said, then he added in barely a whisper, "you're telling a lot of lies today, Millie Donovan."

"I'm not lying," I replied, winking.

Harry bit his lip. "Yeah, you are. Why?"

I stayed silent for a second, considering my answer. "If I was lying-" (Harry smirked) "-then I would have a very good reason to be doing so-"

"Oi, you two!" Ron called. I glanced away from Harry to see Ron halfway up a ladder - no-else was there. "While you two were busy flirting, everyone went into class." He laughed loudly, before disappearing through a trap door.

I blushed, glancing side-ways at Harry, who was staring at me with a big smile plastered on his face.

I sighed. "Come on, H." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the ladder. I began to climb but Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back down.

"I'll go first," he said, gesturing at my skirt - he would've been able to see up it, "because I'm a gentlemen."

I laughed. "Thank you, Mr Potter."

"Anything for you, M'lady." He bowed, reaching for my hand and kissing it softly.

"Too far, Harry." I laughed. "Too far."

He smirked before climbing the ladder. I quickly followed him, my heart racing.

I emerged into the strangest-looking classroom I had ever seen. At least twenty small, circular tables were crammed inside it, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little pouffes. Everything was lit with a dim, crimson light; the curtains at the windows were all closed, and it was stiflingly warm due to the fire which was burning under the mantelpiece.