Rose's lips quivered as tears formed in her eyes. These are vampire pirates!

She abruptly scooted back when that blood sucking monster looked up from the dead body of Liza. His mouth dripping from her blood.

Sweat formed on her forehead and temple in this excruciatingly cold weather. She never paid attention to such stories, considering it to be nothing more than myths.

But what she witnessed just now shook her to the core. She just prayed that Celia and Baltasar are fine. Her eyes hastily found two men taking three of the girls tied in ropes with them towards the port.

They are taking captives!

Her lips quivered as she peeked out to see what's happening when her eyes widened to the size of saucers; a large man was drinking blood from a poor man and was holding Celia's wrist as if she's second in line to be his food and she struggled wildly in his arms.

"I'm going out to help Celia. Don't you dare come out. Even if I die, you will come out from your hiding until it's safe." She told him holding his shoulders tightly as tears poured out of his eyes and he shook his head in no.

"I love you little devil." Kissing him in his forehead, she walked out from there, Caspian holding her dress and pulling it to stop her but she didn't turn around afraid that she won't be able to help Celia then.

Her eyes landed on the sword that was on the ground a few feet away from her. Her large eyes looked around. And she sprinted to pick up that sword and she didn't stop there. With full speed she raced towards the man who was holding Celia and she raised her sword to kill him with full strength and just like that blood splatter on her face as two bodies one of the monster and another one of the man whose blood he was sucking fell on the floor with a thud.

Celia stared at Rose with wide horrified eyes as blood coloured Rose's dress but she was fully in her senses.

A slight groan from the vampire had her head snapping in his direction. His brown hair covered his eyes as he moved, he wasn't dead, in fact the large slash on his back was healing quickly. Her eyes broadened in utmost fear as she backed away with the sword in her hand.

The vampire was still healing as Celia held Rose's arm and dragged her towards Baltasar thatched house which was lit with fire and gradually the harsh breeze from the sea raised the flames and within minutes the whole town was on fire. People and children running here and there trying to save their lives.

"Baltasar." Barely a whisper escaped her lips when she saw his mighty body laying on the dirty ground. Both the girls ran up to him and crouched down crying.

He was barely alive with slashes of battle swords on his chest and back, he was bleeding profusely. "Baltasar!" Rose cried out cradling his face in her lap.

"He raised his trembling hand as his bloodied fingers caressed her cheek as it drew two lines of blood on her cheek making her look like a warrior.

"DARK S-SOUL! V-vampires! 3 t-things can kill them. B-burn them, wooden stake through their heart or behead t-them." He rasped as blood came out of his mouth.

"S-save yourselves." He muttered as he slowly fell to the side and life slowly left his wisdom filled blue eyes.

Rose felt like someone scratched her heart out of her chest and crushed it into tiny pieces making her watch it.

Closing his lifeless eyes with her trembling hands, she put his head back on the floor. Celia moved forward as she kissed Baltasar's cheek, crying on his chest but Rose was bathing in vicious rage.

She picked up her sword from the ground as she watched a monster taking away young boys and girls towards the port.

Fury courses through her form with full force when she watched him sinking his canines in one of the girl's flesh as he drank her life away.

With clenched jaw and blazing eyes she dashed towards the monster's back with silent steps and swirled her sword in the air to behead this monster and just before her sword could touch the skin of his neck.

She was violently pushed on the ground with such force that the breath was knocked out of her system.

It was the brown haired vampire she just killed while trying to save Celia.

Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are updated on Booknet app for free. Go check it out guys.