Night at the Bar

You had never seen Aaron go back to the bar to get so many beers, but of course there was a first time for everything.

Jack was with Jessica, Strauss was breathing down his neck like usual, and the most recent case hit a little too hard.

So if he wanted an extra drink or two, you weren't one to judge since in all honesty, it seemed like he probably needed it.

Reid, Penelope, and Morgan were extremely drunk as well, on stage of the karaoke bar the team decided to go to, singing Just the Two of Us as passionately as they could.

You and Emily were of course giggling about it since the two of you couldn't wait to make fun of them for it.

Rossi and JJ were talking quietly off to the side, probably discussing family life or maybe even the latest case.

After having to find unsub who was abducting and killing children, you all felt that a night to just let loose would be best for everyone.

Hotch stumbled back over to the table and took a seat with you seeing as Emily had said 'fuck it' and joined the trio up on the stage to sing their hearts out and regret everything in the morning.

"Hey, handsome. How's it going?" You said, half joking, but also wishing that he would take a hint to what you thought were your obvious feelings.

He gave a lazy smile and replied "I...I.... Great!" 

You giggled at his lost train of thought since it was so unusual to see your boss so laid back and relaxed compared to his normal tough and stern exterior.

Rather than drinking with the rest of your peers, you had decided to just watch the chaos ensue so you were completely sober.

"You seem a little too drunk for your own good. Why don't we get you home? I'll drive you."  You said, looking down at your watch that read 11 o'clock.

If you didn't take him home, who knows how he'd get there and he'd be pretty upset if the team let him stay out too long.

He simply nodded and you got up to sling his arm around your shoulder so you could drag him to your car.

You walked over to JJ and Rossi who were still talking and said "I have to take him home. I'll see you all tomorrow and please have Emily text me."

They both nodded and with that, you left the bar and led Hotch out to you car that was luckily parked close by because you didn't know how long you'd be able to keep him standing for.

You helped him into the car and got into the drivers side and soon you were off to Hotch's house.

"Hey, Y/N." He said, dragging out the last syllable of your name and looking at you with his head tilted.

You glanced at him before looking back at the road and replying "Yes? Is everything okay?"

You saw him nod in your peripheral vison and he continued "Can I have this water?" you quickly looked down to see him holding the bottle of water you had packed this morning.

"Sure. Maybe it'll help you get into a better head space." You responded with a giggle.

He started drinking and soon enough he started rambling about how work was stressful and being a single dad was difficult, basically just ranting about his issues.

You didn't mind listening, though. It was nice that he was actually opening up to you and possibly even asking for help.

Before you knew it, you had arrived at his house and he seemed to be sobering up since he was no longer acting totally goofy, but still had a relaxed exterior.

You led him into his house and set him on the couch, going to get ibuprofen and a glass of water for him.

He gladly excepted and when he was done, he turned to you and said "Hey, Y/N. Can I tell you a secret?"

You suddenly became very intrigued and amused at his child-like nature at the time being so you quickly nodded and responded "Of course."

"I kind of really, really, really like you. Like if I had the guts, I would've asked you out months ago. I'm just nervous to admit it, but now I don't feel so nervous!"

Butterflies started storming in your stomach and your cheeks burned red as you looked at the man who had just confessed to you.

You simply smiled and said "Well... I like you too. Like a lot! But since I know you're extremely intoxicated, I won't take advantage."

He rolled his eyes and said "I'm not that drunk!"

You giggled and replied "Says the man who just downed 8 beers."

"You-"

You nodded "Yes, I counted. The point is, I feel the same way, but I want you to be in the right, clear state of mind before anything else happens. So, why don't we make a deal?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at the proposition and you continued "Why don't we go out tomorrow... Just you and me. I'll get you whatever greasy, hangover food you want and we can talk this all out. That sound good?"

A large smile grew on his face before saying "I'd love that, Y/N. You take such good care of me."

You matched his smile and said "Great. I'll come around 10 to pick you up, alright? And who would make sure you don't get yourself into too much trouble if I wasn't around?"

He nodded before responding "Rossi, probably. But he's not as cute as you are."

You let out a laugh and said "Alright Mr... I'll let you get changed and into bed since I wanna get enough sleep so I won't be late tomorrow."

He smiled and said "Okay... I'll see you tomorrow then."

"I'll see you tomorrow." You said, placing a light hand on his shoulder and quickly kissing his cheek before getting up and leaving the house.

You had a date with Hotch tomorrow.