Jimin (Point of View PT3)

Start from the beginning

That's all.

It's not complicated, it's not hard, it's not deep.

And that's what mesmerizes Jimin the most about Jungkook. That he doesn't need to do anything other than being himself to make Jimin happy.

The big smile spreading over his lips doesn't go unnoticed by his friend, who nudges him questioningly.

"I was just thinking about," Jimin squeezes his shoulders, the wind of the sea dancing around him gracefully, "how nice it would feel to cuddle with a possessive puppy."

"What are you talking about?" Sungwoon spurts a startled laugh, looking more embarrassed than Jimin at the sappy comment. Jimin giggles as his friend keeps staring back and forth to make sure he heard him right. "Yah, how long has it been already? Are you in love, asshole?"

Jimin's eyes grow, cheeks hurting from grinning. "Why am I the asshole?" he defends himself, raising his voice.

"You promised that we would fall in love at the same time!" Sungwoon too shouts, now, taking this way more seriously that is good for Jimin's lungs. This idiot hasn't forgotten about that yet.

"Yah, you believed that? You thought that would work?"

"Jimin-ah!" Sungwoon keeps breathing shocked laughs as Jimin attaches to his arm, using it for leverage to survive his own laughter. "Are you seriously abandoning our pact?!"

"Stop speaking nonsense," Jimin points his finger, giving a strong push that makes Sungwoon lie on the bench, eyes never leaving Jimin. "You said that one night when you were drunk because you got dumped to make yourself feel better about not being in love! Why am I supposed to pay the price, oh?!"

"I did not get dumped!" Sungwoon cries in defense, eyes shut tight as he comically shouts with all his might. A couple walking by gets irked by the volume of his voice. Jimin bows in apologies although he is light-headed himself. "I did not, aimma! I had feelings for someone else, okay?"

"And what are you doing about it?" Jimin shakes his head adamantly, getting caught in the argument as well. "Do you think Nisa is going to wait for you forever?"

Sungwoon's lips stutter eagerly but he fails to formulate a sentence, caught off-guard by Jimin's comment. "Since when this is about me? How dare you change–"

"I saw her on the news!"

"Huh?" Sungwoon quietens down suddenly, blinking nervously as he waits for Jimin to continue. "N-news?"

"Yeah," Jimin clears his throat, stuffing his hands inside the pockets of his jacket. He straightens his posture and directs his gaze to the sea. "She is a news anchor."

"For real?" Sungwoon is quick to scramble, angling towards Jimin in utter curiosity. Jimin forces himself not to smile.

"On SBS, breaking news segment at 7 o'clock at night."

He feels his friend still in place, and his thoughts are so fucking loud that Jimin is nearly suffocated by them.

"It's not like you didn't know, pabo!" he shouts, glancing at Sungwoon through the corner of his eyes. "She was bound to make it big. She was the smartest of our class." He keeps silent, checking for a reaction from Sungwoon although there is nothing but reticence.

Jimin sighs, turning to hold him by the shoulders. Sungwoon looks at him with a pout tugging on his lips, drained out of energy. He has been pining over her ever since high school but never mustered up the courage to make a move. After graduation he decided he would be successful before facing her and asking her out.