"Huh, yeah, must've spaced out for a few minutes there." He took a seat as casually as possible, "I'll go pick it up after classes, not like anyone is going to steal my trig notes." The easy grin he wore didn't seem to persuade Nakagawa, who cocked an eyebrow over his narrowed eyes.

"But we have trigonometry next, you'll need your notes." Much to Kaido's inner horror, Nakagawa stood up from the table and pulled him along, "Come on, we have a bit of time before the bell rings, we can make it to the gym and back."

Shit, shit, shit... what do I do?

"Naw man, it's cool. I'll be fine, I can borrow your notes! That way we don't have to worry about being late." It sounded lame, and definitely a bit shady, which only made Nakagawa suspicious. Kaido was hiding something. He never cared about showing up to class on time. And the way his darting eyes kept shooting towards the end of the building where the gym door had been left half open, made him think there was something there Kaido didn't want him to see. Or someone. Instead of trying to weasel the information out of his friend, Nakagawa squared his shoulders and stomped towards the gym, intent on discovering what was being kept from him. Kaido's incessant "Wait!" was drowned out by the sound of the door slamming open, followed by a few seconds of silence, before...

"What the hell is your problem?"

Nakagawa turned to glare at his friend, "I can see your bag from here, why didn't you pick it up the first time?"

The room was empty, the only trace that someone besides Kaido had been here were the haphazardly strewn weapons that Machi hadn't bothered to stash away. But that wasn't too out of the ordinary for the martial arts captain to pick up on. First years were always making a mess of the gym and not cleaning up after themselves anyway. Sighing with relief, Kaido jogged over to his school bag and slung it fluidly over his shoulder, this time wearing a more genuinely toothy grin. "Yeah sorry 'bout that, don't know what I was thinking."

"Maybe next time stop being a dumbass."

"Duly noted, Oh Wise-One."

True enough, they arrived to class with time to spare, and Kaido spent a majority of it rummaging through the unorganized wad of papers for his notes. He wasn't at all trying to avoid talking to Nakagawa, who was watching him closely out of the corner of his eyes.

"I don't get it Kaido, what were you so worked up about? Why didn't you want me to go to the gym?" He had a growing suspicion, and it involved the short vice-captain who had been spending extra time there lately. Swiveling in his seat, Nakagawa set his intense gaze on Kaido, who seemed to crumble under it, "Who was there, Kaido?"

Lying had never been his strong suit, and Naka knew this. But maybe he could be vague. It wasn't a lie per-se, but also kept Naka from blowing a casket. Finally retrieving his trig notes, Kaido smoothed them out on his desk slowly, choosing his words carefully. "Just a couple...coupling. It was kinda awkward actually, so I thought I'd give them some space. Didn't think you'd want to see that either." It was true. Kaido knew what would happen if Naka had seen how comfortable Machi had looked in someone else's arms, let alone Mr. Refreshing's.

"Oh....ok." He wasn't entirely convinced, but it was enough at least to keep him from asking for details. Not like it was who he was thinking it was originally; she definitely wasn't interested in being a couple with anyone. She had made that pretty clear. As if remembering the feeling of his nose breaking, Nakagawa rubbed at the bridge of it subconsciously, his frown growing by the minute.

Sensing his souring mood, Kaido quickly changed the subject to something less dangerous: trigonometry. There were still a few questions on the homework he hadn't finished and Nakagawa offered to help before the teacher arrived. They had made it through all but the final question before a loud whoop cut through their concentration.