"No," I mumbled. "Are you hungry?" I asked. 

"Not quite," she answered. 

"I can call for breakfast," I offered. 

"I'll eat if you do." She looked up at me.

"You should eat," I nodded. 

"So should you. We'll eat together," she shrugged, sitting upright beside me, pulling her cardigan up. 

I used the intercom from my phone and asked for breakfast for both of us. I looked over at her, realizing that she was zoned out while staring outside through the window. "Hey," I whispered. 

She snapped out of her daze and looked at me, raising her eyebrows at me. 

"Thank you for last night." 

She smiled, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. "Anything for you," she leaned forward, kissing my cheek. "Are you feeling any better?" she asked. 

"A bit," I nodded. 

There was a knock on my door and one of the housemaids brought in the breakfast and handed us our plates before leaving. We ate in comfortable silence and then she took the empty plates and left them outside while I used the intercom to ask for the plates to be cleared. She came back inside, closing the door behind her, and strolled over to my side, sitting beside my legs. 

I grabbed her hand, tugging at it. 

She scooted up higher and I grabbed her top, tugging at it even more. She smiled, moving up and straddling me. 

I stared at her while she ran her fingers through my hair soothingly. "Did you ever do all this with Lucas?" 

The question slipped out before I could think of it. What kind of question is that? Of course, she did all this with him. It's what you do when you're in a relationship with somebody. 

Does that mean we're in a relationship? 

"Sometimes," she mumbled. "But it never felt like this." 

"What do you mean?" I frowned in confusion. 

"With him it... it was always just him talking and me listening. Telling me about his day, his family, all that. And I would always listen but I never got to talk," she explained. "It was annoying so normally I would zone out and think about something else." 

"Like what?" I questioned. 

"Like you." 

I looked up at her, my eyes meeting hers. 

"That day when you came into Cherie and told me that you're looking for a normal girl to marry. And that you were thinking of me... I thought about that. I saw him that night." 

I listened, biting my tongue and the string of curse words that were threatening to stumble out. 

"But all I could think about was that you, the prince, wanted to marry me. I didn't believe that you were really considering me to be your wife." 

"Do you believe it now?" I asked. 

She smiled, nodding slowly, "I do. I believe it now." 

I fiddled with the hem of her top, the lace between my fingers. 

"Do you think I can really be your wife, Archer? Do you think I can handle it?" 

I looked up at her. "I think you can learn to handle it with me by your side." 

She sighed, her shoulders slumping. 

"Have faith in yourself, Evelyn. Every girl, princess or not, has to learn to be queen. We can do it too," I nodded. 

"We?" she questioned. 

I nodded again. 

"You know, when you called me beautiful-" 

"I call you beautiful all the time," I shrugged. 

She chuckled, "When you do, I stop breathing. My heart stops." 

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I questioned. 

"Nobody has ever made that happen. Not even your gardener," she scoffed. 

I laughed softly, my free hand resting on her hip. 

"It's a good thing," she whispered, kissing my forehead. I tilted my chin up, my lips meeting hers. "Do you want to go somewhere?" she offered. 

"Not really, I don't even want to move out of bed." 

"Then we can stay in bed all day," she shrugged, her hands resting on my abdomen. 

I sighed, closing my eyes for a minute. 

"How do you do that?" she asked. 

I looked down at her. "What?" 

"That." She poked my abs one by one. 

I laughed, taking her hand. "I exercise." 

"How much?" she asked incredulously. 

"Not as much anymore. I did a lot throughout high school. I still do. I run, I use the gym." 

"There is an entire gym in your palace?" Her eyes widened. 

I nodded, chuckling. "I was on a lot of teams in school." 

"Like?" she asked, genuinely curious. 

"The swim team, soccer, basketball, and I tried out volleyball but..." I trailed off, shaking my head. 

"Where does the running come from?" she inquired. 

"In middle school, I did track. It was very exhausting so I stopped in high school but I kept running on the side to do it personally. It keeps you fit," I shrugged. 

"I don't run," she mumbled. 

"You don't have to, your body is somehow perfect," I replied. 

"Really?" she laughed, poking at her belly. 

"Yes." I pulled her hand down. "You just ate, you're bloated." 

She frowned in confusion at me. 

"Your body is... the most divine thing I have ever seen. All right? Don't doubt it." 

"Wow, you really know what to say and when to say it, huh?" she giggled, taking my hands, locking our fingers. 

"I just know I really like you, Evelyn. And that you're the most beautiful person I've ever met." 

"Do you mean that?" 

I gave her a blank look. "Are you really asking me that?" 

She smiled, leaning forward but not kissing me. I stared at her, our lips inches away. She wasn't going to do it, so I did. I leaned forward, capturing her lips in a kiss. She pulled back after a while, narrowing her eyes at me. "Will you tell me about your ex-girlfriend if I ask?" 

I shook my head. 

"Why? You know everything about my last relationship, it's only fair if you tell me about yours. Come on, please?" 

"It's not a pleasant memory," I groaned. 

"You can stop when you wish," she whispered, her lips brushing against mine. 

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 32

you're probably with that blonde girl...

that song </3

next chapter: value