Part 3- The painful ending we faced

ابدأ من البداية

"You have five minutes" Standall said before closing the bared door behind me. I nodded a thank you, and began making my way towards Monty. My heart began to pump faster as I got closer and closer to him. Soon enough, I finally made it, and sat down across from him, frustrated, worried, and confused. 

"Monty..." I said to him calmly. 

No response. He still starred at the table, trying his best to avoid looking at me. But I need him to talk. "Please say something" I whispered almost audibly,"Tell me anything please". Still no response.

"Monty"

"Monty look at me!"

And with that, he slowly lifted his head up, raising his eyes to mine. I almost instantly noticed how he had been crying, as his eyes were red and puffy, yet he had such a straight face. Monty had gotten used to being good at hiding his feelings, but when things came to me, things were different. 

"What are you doing here.." he said while lowering his eyes back to the table. I need to pull myself together for him. "I wanted to talk to you" I replied. He didn't respond to me, only continuing to avoid eye contact with me. 

"Monty... why did you do it" 

...

"Please answer me"

"Winston I-... you shouldn't be talking to me" he replied. I frowned in return. "Listen I don't care. Just tell me why you did it" I said to him impatiently. We sat there in uncomfortable silence for over at least a minute. But Monty eventually managed to get the guts to reply to me, and I'm assuming this was hard for him, but I needed to know. "I... I don't know..." he whispered. 

"Monty there has to be a re-

He instantly cut me off ,"Well that's the fucking problem I don't have a god damn reason to why I did that! Ok?! There's no fucking excuse to the shit that I did. Now why the hell are you even here??? Why would you want to talk to me after knowing I did something so fucking cruel?!" .

"Monty I just want to talk to you! I'm confused, upset and extremely worried for you! How could you do something like that to someone????" I fired back. 

Monty sunk down in his seat, letting out a big sigh. He then leaned his head back a little bit while looking at the roof above me, once again trying to avoid my glaring eyes. The embarrassment and shame he must have felt at this moment was to easy to spot for me. "Do you think about what you did? Are you sorry?" I asked him a little more calmer.

"Listen Winston, I'm done. I fucked up so bad. What I did to Tyler is unforgivable and I won't ever be able to make up for what I did. My life is over Winston, it has been for a while. I think about what I did every fucking day, and I regret it so much I'll regret it till the day I die. Hell I'll be sorry till the day I die but that still doesn't cut what I did, I lost myself, I lost control of my anger but like I said that still doesn't excuse what I did to him... I'm a monster. I destroyed people's lives. I made people miserable. I should be dead"

Tears were creeping up to my eyes, oh how I hated when Monty talked like this. "Monty don't you fucking dare say that, the last thing you deserve is to be dead. There's going to be a trial ok? Your going to testify but even if you lose, I can help you get through this! I know you can change Monty, you already have for me..." 

"I'm to far gone" Monty replied weakly. "Everything is destroyed for me now, I have nothing left don't you realize that?". 

"Monty you have your friends and family-