𝟏𝟒. 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 > 𝐁𝐔𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

Gon scratches the back of his neck sheepishly. "He told me that you'd just decided to up and leave us, to go to the Phantom Troupe. I just believed it, I guess."

"Oh." I sniff, suddenly angry with Gon as well. "So you just believed that I would leave with the Phantom Troupe? Granted, they are my family now, but like . . . three years," I breathe. "I'd been traveling and staying and hanging out with you for three years. How . . . why would you believe that I just left?"

Gon blushes in embarrassment, and turns big eyes to me. Almost instantly, he starts spilling anime tears. "Please forgive me, Y/N," he blubbers. "Y/NNNNN . . ."

I roll my eyes, but smile slightly to myself. "You're forgiven, I guess. I'm just kinda peeved that you didn't even attempt to look for me."

"I'm sorry!" he repeats. 

I pat his head and sit back down, when I spot a hand sneak into Astyrian's pocket. I open my mouth to tell him, but I connect the hand with the person. Agnes. She's stealing a lollipop from Astyrian. I snuff out my laugh, then decide to help her. I push my head into his chest, diverting his attention. Agnes, the smartest four-year-old I know, takes advantage of what I am doing and takes the lollipop quicker. She whips off the wrapping and sticks it in her mouth, before going back to Colette's chair and sitting there by herself. I giggle to myself, when I feel a hand gently on my chin. I look up in surprise and see a soft smile on Astyrian's face. 

"What's wrong, m'lady?"

Oh shit. Oh Jesus. I didn't plan for this far. I wrench my face from his grasp and stalk over to Colette, burying my face in her small shoulder. She giggles and I blush more. 

Soon, someone breaks the awkward silence by tapping me on my shoulder. I shriek quietly before jumping up, sticking out my hand. I crease my forehead in confusion, though, when no cinquedea appears in it. Then I remember. No weapons were allowed. I smile sheepishly at the stranger, when I blink. 

"Oh. Bestie!" 

I laugh and jump into his arms, hugging him. 

"Wassup, Bestie?" Shalnark laughs and hugs me back. 

"So," I say, letting go of him. Looking at him, I realise he had changed back into his usual lavender outfit. "What brings you back here? I was notified by Kalluto earlier that you'd already brought him back to Feitan." 

"Is it too much to say that I miss you?" Shalnark pouts. 

"Yes, it is." I nod strictly, closing my eyes and slightly pursing my lips, before giggling. He giggles too, then looks at the four people with me. He frowns. 

"I feel like I've seen you before." He points at Gon, whose eyes widen. 

"Nope. I've never seen you before. Probably passed you on the street, haha." He scratches the back of his neck and looks away, whistling. 

I can see that Shalnark doubts it, but he shrugs it off and turns to Astyrian. "Hey! You're the guy who hired us! I see you've hit it off with Y/N?"

Astyrian nods. "Yep. Also, thanks for taking care of him." They start talking about our client, and then their conversation makes its way over to Colette and Agnes. I go over to Gon.

"You've met him sometime before, right?"

Gon nods, then goes to my ear to whisper, "We met him together actually. During this time about two years ago."

"Ah. So I probably don't remember."

"Yep."

I bite my lip and open my mouth to speak, when someone on the stage booms out, "Everyone, please take your seats! The auction is about to start!"