e i g h t : a down pour doesnt bother me

Start from the beginning

Going through the door, she seen him sitting at one of the tables already. Making her way to him, sitting at the chair across from him. "Hey, sorry if you have been waiting long." She said.

Woohyun raised his head, smiling up at her. He shook his head, "I just got here too. I um picked up a drink for us." He pointed towards the cup sitting on the table.

"Oh, thank you. You didn't have to." He just nodded. For the next couple of hours they sat and finished up the project.

Chaeyeon closed her book, stretching in her seat. Looking down at the time noticing that it was half past seven. "I'm so glad we are done." She chuckled.

"Are you leaving now?"

"I want to study for my exam, so I'll be staying back for a bit of time." She said.

"Oh I'll stay if you want."

"That's alright. You can go head without me. Thanks for staying and finishing the project up, and for the drink."

He nodded, packing up his things, "I'll be going. See you Monday Chaeyeon." She waved goodbye to him.

Taking her other books out, getting ready to study for her exam. About half an hour passed by, a loud crash coming from outside. Chaeyeon startled by the thunderstorm.

Decided that she didn't want to get caught deep into the storm, she packed her books away, calling it a night. She'll just study later on.

Walking up to the entrance extending her hand out into the down pour of the rain, sighing. If only she knew it was gonna be pouring, she would've brought her umbrella to school.

"Hey." She turned to look at the person talking. Seeing Sunghoon standing behind her, a smile on his face.

Smiling back to him, "hey."

"Are you waiting for anyone?" She shook her head.

- 1 9 -

"Could you guys stop being so loud and actually do your work. If you aren't gonna do anything then you might as well leave." Sunghoon sternly said.

Him and the boys were in the library together. They decided to finish their work, but all they were doing was fooling around like the usual.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Niki shut his book, getting up from the table. "I'm gonna get food, anyone coming?" He said. They all got up but Sunghoon.

"You coming?" Jungwon asked.

He shook his head, "I want to finish this first. Go ahead of me." They nodded, saying their byes to him.

A couple of hours passed by. Sunghoon finally finished everything he wanted to get done. Looking outside when he heard thunder. Packing his things up, deciding it was the perfect time to leave before it got worse out.

One thing he hated most was having to walk home during rain storms. Especially if the others ask him to walk them home because they forgot their umbrellas. He'd usually just force them to sleepover at his cause he wasn't about to walk them home then go to his, he hated getting soaked by it.

He got up from the table, making his way out of the library. Stopping when noticed someone standing there. Recognize that it was Chaeyeon.

Walking closer, he called out to her. She turned and smiled once she realized who it was.

"Are you waiting on anyone?" She shook her head.

"No, I was just finishing up some of my work. I didn't realize it was gonna be raining so hard. I didn't bring an umbrella unfortunately."

He took off his bag, unzipped it and reach to grab his umbrella. Thankfully he'd always have one with him just in case things like this happened.

"I'll walk you home, I got mine with me." He opens up the umbrella, walking into the rain. He turned to her, motioning her to come.

"I don't want to bother you. It's alright I don't mind waiting for it to pass by." She yelled over the loud rain

"We don't know how long it'll be, so come on. I'll walk you." He smiled.

"Okay. Thank you." She returned the smile back up to him. She ran to get under the umbrella.

Sunghoon wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bring her closer to him. Chaeyeon smiled to herself, a blush growing on her cheeks.

They got down to her house. "Thank you for walking me all the way home. I really appreciate it, sorry that your one side is soaked." Chaeyeon brought her hand up to swipe his wet arm.

"Of course, it was not a problem. I like your company so I didn't mind walking you. And don't worry about this. The rain doesn't bother me all too much." Sunghoon said. "I'll see you later, have a good weekend Chaeyeon." He waved before turning around and making his way back to where ever he was going.

Unlocking her door, her smile not dropping from her face.

"What's with the face." She jumped at the sudden voice. She walked in, seeing Jaebeom sitting on the couch watching tv.

She plopped down on the seat next to him, "oh, nothing."

Jaebeom lead forword, "I know your 'I'm in love face' when I see it with my own two eyes."

She threw a pillow towards him. He just caught it and laughed. "I don't have a face like that. It's nothing, Sunghoon just walked me home. Nothing special."

"Oooo, Sunghoon walked you home." He teased. "That's why you look like that." Chaeyeon just rolled her eyes at the older boy. Too tired to argue more.

- 1 9 -

He stood there, watching them be close, under the same umbrella together.

Why couldn't she act like that with him, why does he have to come in and ruin his plans with her. What did he have that he didn't. He wasn't gonna let him ruin this for him.

"You'll see."

- n i n e t e e n -

happy hobi day 🥺