My Father Will Be Hearing About You

Four long tables stretched out in front of her eyes. Together the tables formed a colorful gradient. Each table was harmoniously dominated by one color. From left to right: green, red, blue, and yellow. Although, if one looked closely they would see specks of foreign colors intermixed.

Julia recognized Parvati in red robes seated at the blue table near a girl identical to herself. She was now sporting a smile and mingled charmingly with the others at the table.

The only table that seemed to have no other houses visiting was the green table.

Julia and Hermione trailed behind Professor Mcgonagall side by side. Hermione had tried to apologize on their way through the castle but it was too late. The damage had been done, and Julia made sure to stay distanced from her old friend.

Not even the beauty of the great hall could distract Julia from the anger boiling up in the pit of her stomach. She had been so happy to see Hermione that she almost forgot and forgave her lies and deceit.

When Cerere saw them, she waved her hand enthusiastically and motioned the two towards herself and Lavender.

Hermione politely declined the offer.

"I made some friends on the train to here, I think I'd like to sit with them...sorry," she then turned to face Julia, "Do you wanna sit with me
Julie?"

Julia absentmindedly shook her head in response.

"I know you are mad at me...and I'm truly sorry. There's rules to being a witch though...rules I try to take seriously. I can't blame you for blaming me though..."

"Yeah well..."

"I hope you get into Gryffindor...so we can sort things out."

With that, Hermione turned and skipped towards two boys. One of the boys had glasses and an unmissable lightning bolt scar on this forehead.

That's Garry! My neighbor!

Julia was surprised to see so many people talking to him. Nothing against him of course, he seemed to be a sweet boy, but back at home he'd never really gone out. Julia had assumed he was a loner.

The boy near Potter was gobbling eggs and bacon. His head was covered with ginger hair almost as vibrant as Cerere's. Unlike her disheveled curls, the boy had straight hair which was neatly combed in a middle part.

A pair of identical boys, which looked to be in their early teens, cracked a joke from across the table. Those closest to them who actually had the privilege of hearing what they said, instantly erupted in laughter.

  Julia stared as Ron's mouth twisted into an amused smile, the edges of his lips thinning out into little curves on either side.

"What are you staring at Weasley for?" Lavender Brown questioned, "Come on, sit down!"

Julia took a seat on the wooden bench on the right of Lavender. A ceramic plate instantly appeared in front of her. She wanted to turn to the two girls and ask them for opinions on what she should eat, but quickly noticed the two were busy building the Leaning Tower of Pisa out their waffles.

She didn't feel included. She had only met a couple of people for now but she didn't seem to get along with any of them.

Parvati Patil may not truly been as mean as Julia had assumed the night before, but she clearly had no interest in bonding with any other Gryffindors. Her attention was completely in the hands of the blue table.

Lavender and Cerere were  trying to help Julia feel welcome, but the two were already interacting like the best of friends. Julia didn't feel like there was room for a third girl in their group.