hate - jace norman

Hate. That's all Jace sees when he opens his social media. Whether it's instagram, twitter, or any other form- it's all negative. He's not sure what he's done wrong, he works so hard for his fans, to make them happy and proud. But it's not working anymore. 

He understands that there are more important things going on that needs his attention, but all the comments are repeating in the back of his brain. He's been acting different around the house  the past couple of days, and I've noticed. 

He's less talkative at meals and he takes more naps in the day. He zones out a lot when anyone tries to talk to him and he just seems so sad. I've never seen him so distraught and it hurt me to know that he's hurting on the inside. 

So today, I decided to try to talk to him about it. He was currently outside on the patio, listening to music like he always does on the outdoor couch. I look at him to see his eyes closes like he was blocking everything out. 

As I closed the door, I saw Jace laying horizontally, so I kneeled at his side, running my fingers though his hair as he still kept his eyes closed. 

"Hi Jace." I said, waiting for him to say something. 

"Hi." He answered simply, taking out his earbuds and putting them in their case. 

"I know something is on your mind, baby." I said, and he looked at me. 

"How are you so sure about that?" He asked, fidgeting with his fingers. 

"You've been different recently, I've noticed. And I know you, Jace. What's bothering you, hm?" I pleaded, caressing his cheek. 

"It doesn't matter, Y/N." He answered, rolling his eyes and facing away from me. I hum, letting my hand fall from his face. 

"You know you can talk to me, right? I'm always here to listen." I tell him, getting closer and setting my chin on his shoulder. 

"You wouldn't get it, no one does." He sighs.

"You're right, Jace. I don't get it." I stand up, and he watches me. "Which is why you need to tell me what's going on so I can understand." 

"I just..." he looks away from me and towards the wall, "I just don't know what I'm doing wrong." 

After he said that, it's like a switch went off in his brain. Instantly, Jace broke right in front of me, sobbing and shaking. His walls fell and he felt vulnerable but he didn't care. I sat him up immediately so he wasn't laying down anymore, and pulling him into my arms. His head buried into my shoulder and his arms held me tightly as he cried. 

My heart broke at the sight of Jace so upset. Jace wasn't one to break down easily, and if he did, I knew it was serious. 

"Let it all out, baby, I'm right here." I whispered to him, kissing his head and rubbing his back. 

"The fans, everyone hates me. I don't know what I did." He tried to say as clear as he could, but whimpers and cries made it hard to hear. 

"Everything is just so fucking negative, I feel overwhelmed." He said, burying his head further into my shoulder. 

"And you don't deserve that. You work so hard for your fans. And I know that you're trying to find new roles, and it isn't easy. But those fans that are being negative, they're not real fans." I said, pulling his head from my shoulder up so I could see him. 

"Jace, I promise you that things will ease over, but when this stuff happens again, please don't shut me out. I care about you way to much and I just want to see you smile." I said as I wiped some of his tears off his cheeks. 

"I love you, and things will get better, trust me baby." I continued, kissing him gently. 

After he pulled away, he gave me a genuine smile and hugged me again.

"You always know what to say Y/N, what would I do without you?" He asked, looking at me again. 

"You would be doomed." I say kissing him again, and he smiles against my lips. 

"Can we lay out here a little longer?" He asked. I smile back, grabbing his hand softly. 

"Sure, come here." I said, moving to lay down. He lays on top of me, head resting just under my chin, with his chest pressed against mine. 

"I love you too, Y/N." He whispered, his eyes slowly closing. I wrap my arms around him, bringing him even closer.