Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

"You?" Brody laughed.

I shook my head and shoved my thumb in Harper's direction, "Doofus here rushed me out the front door, so I didn't have time to bring anything."

Harper laughed, "No, I woke you up an hour before we had to leave, you had plenty of time."

I rolled my eyes, "No, I fell back to sleep after you left my room, duh."

"Shut up both of you, here; go buy something from the canteen," Stevie pointed at the small building at the other end of the courtyard which already had students lining up as he handed me a ten dollar note.

Groaning I climbed off the bench and I had already started walking away when Grant shouted out for me to get him a drink but I shook my head. No way, if I have to line up to get a feed then he can line up to get a damn drink.

Groaning even louder as I stopped at the end of the line, I had counted fifteen kids in front of me; this was going to take forever! A few turned and looked back at me with annoyed or curious looks, so I glared at them all - making them turn back around quick smart.

"What do you want?"

I jumped slightly and then cursed myself for not hearing him sneak up on me like a stalker; looking up at the idiot who was glaring at the long line with bare arms folded over his chest because he wasn't wearing his jumper now but a short sleeved black t-shirt that hugged his body and muscles nicely.

"You can stop drooling now," he suddenly smirked.

Scowling up at him, "You can stop stalking me now."

He shook his head slowly, "What do you want to eat? My shout," he added on the end.

Heck, I wasn't going to pass up a free feed - they are the best thing ever, "Um, a chocolate milk and how ever many killer pythons they got," I grinned, I haven't had a killer python in so long because my stupid boarding school didn’t sell them.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked down at me, my heart skipped a beat - damn what is he doing to me? Heck no Eva - boys are a big no-no, they are too annoying and such big sooks, besides he must be trying to mess with my head or something and I don't have any interest in boys like that – too much hassle.

"Lollies? You really want lollies for lunch? How old are you?"

I frowned, "Sixteen....," I trailed off, not seeing how my age affects my food choice. Food is food no matter how old you are.

"Fine, lollies it is," he muttered when he saw my confused face.

I watched him walk down the side of the line as I stood there, there was some boy just about to get served but that idiot pushed him out of the way and started talking to the lady. I almost laughed because that kid didn't even protest or say anything! He just let the big doofus shove him out the way with no punishment.

If that had been me, I would have shoved the idiot back and told him to move his ass to the back of the line and maybe even give him a good kick in the right direction too.

A few minutes later he walked back over to me, handed me my milk with a straw and a white paper bag full of killer pythons. Immediately I pulled one out and bit the head off, "Yummy," I grinned as I handed him my milk. "Here, you can shake it up for me.....and make sure you get all the goodness off the bottom," I bossed him around.

He stared at me for a second, then smirked, "I'm not your lap dog," he pronounced the word ‘dog’ differently.

I froze and stared up at him for a second, damn him for being so tall and then I remembered how he thinks he knows what I am, "Oh, that's right, so what am I suppose to be again?" I asked innocently, while my stomach was twisting and jumping around, praying he didn't actually know the truth but I've been told I have a pretty wicked poker face.