"My mom wants to meet you... I get if you want nothing to do with it."

"When?" He asked me.

"She wants you over for dinner in about an hour."

"Sounds good."

"Jess—" This was all so easy I hated it. "It's fine if you don't want to."

"What's up with you? Do you not want me to meet your mom or something?"

"Of course not... it's m-more my sister, she's been getting on my fucking nerves lately."

Jesse laughed and I smiled, picturing him laughing. "I'll see you soon."

"Okay, I'll send you the address."

"Bye baby."

"See you soon."

Call ended

-

I heard a knock at the door and went to get it since everyone was in the backyard except Natalie who was inside.

I opened the door to Jesse who was in a simple gray long sleeve and jeans.

"Hey handsome," I said smiling at him. 

"Hey baby." He said and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

I shut the door behind him and gave him a quick tour of the main floor.

"Everyone's outback, let's go see them," I said and Jesse and I made our way to the backyard.

Instantly my mom turned around to greet us. I could see how excited she was.

"Brace yourself," I whispered to him.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait... wha—"

But she already engulfed Jesse in a motherly hug.

"It's so good to finally meet you!" She exclaimed as they pulled away.

"Yeah uhh nice to meet you, I'm Jesse."

"Well I'm Laura and this is Hailey's sister Cecilia and her boyfriend Mike." My mom said pointing to them.

"Sup," Jesse said, nodding his head.

Jesse and I went back inside along with Mike and Cecilia and set the table. I can't even remember the last time we all ate at the same time together and clearly neither had Jesse.

"Do you guys eat like this all the time, like when you're not with me?" He asked.

"No, I couldn't tell you the last time we did."

My mom came in with the burgers and hotdogs and she went upstairs to get Natalie.

"Do you think she's actually going to come down to eat?" Asked Mike as we sat down.

Jesse and I were sitting across from Mike and Cecilia, my mom and Natalie would sit at the ends of the table.

"Depends, she's probably embarrassed to show her face," Cecilia replied with a shrug.

"What happened?" Asked Jesse curiously. 

"Hailey over here had a wrestling match with her sister this morning," Mike explained with a grin.

He tilted his head to look at me, "Right on babe, guessing you won... I don't see a scratch."

"Natalie doesn't look as nice," Cecilia commented as she poured herself a drink of water.