43

"what?" Y/n muttered to herself as she looked out the door. A huge pink box, with the top loosely placed on, a thin ribbon tied over it (as if the person tying it was lazy, and left it halfway) sat on the doorstep. there was a tag on the ribbon: 'to y/n'.

          She bent down and removed the ribbon, and carefully lifted the top.

          "Ohmygosh." Y/n gasped and tears formed in her eyes. In the box, snuggled in a small pink blanket, was a tiny golden retriver puppy.

           It looked like a newborn, it was frail, and its eyes barely opened.

          "SURPRISE!" people yelled from behind her.

         "AAH!" Y/n yelped, almost tripping over the box.

         "Did you like him?" Kristy laughed peering into the box.

          "He's for me?" Y/n said, cracking a shy smile.

          "If your name is y/n, then yeah." Hayley said, pointing at the tag.

         "He's adorable!" Y/n laughed, tears falling from her eyes. She'd always wanted a golden retriever.

          Then Watson and Liz popped out from behind the house and grinned at the girl, who was cuddling the little puppy in her arms.

          "It was Sam's idea." Liz told her, and y/n raised an eyebrow. 

          "Oh really? Who convinced my mum and dad?"

          "Sam and surprisingly Robert. They've been planning it for almost 2 weeks." Hayley told her. 

          Kristy took the puppy from Y/n and kissed it on the nose. "awh!"

         Y/n hugged Robert, who hugged her back with a laugh. 

         When everyone was distracted with the puppy, y/n walked over to Sam. "So, it was your idea. You know I meant it."

         "Meant what?"

         "That I didn't want a present."

         "So you don't want the lil guy." Sam teased.

        "NO! I like him. A whole lot." Y/n said shyly, before kissing Sam on the cheek.

        "Thank you." She laughed, walking over and taking the puppy from Charlie.

         And as Sam stood there staring at the girl as she laughed, the puppy licking her on the face, he knew.

          HE HAD FALLEN FOR Y/N Y/L/N.