The Newest, Cutest Addition

The sound of rushing wings fills the empty air of the bunker. Sam and Dean look up from their most recent case to find Castiel standing before them... Wait... is that a... corgi?

"Whoa Cas, no. No dogs."

"This isn't a dog, Dean."

"Ahh, yes it is."

"No bucko, it isn't."

Sam and Dean jump back at the talking corgi.

"That's not...? Is it?"

"If you're asking if this is Gabriel, then yes. It is."

Sam's eyes go wide and he turns back to his laptop. Dean pulls his hands into the air, "I can't even..." He never finishes his sentence.

"So you guys going to help or...?" The Gabriel corgi asks, "help? Help you? Oh wow, umm, no." Dean dead pans, Sam looks back to the angel and the Archangel/corgi/trickster. "How?"

Castiel walks closer and places Gabriel on the table, "I don't know. He sent me a message, and when I found him, he transformed..." Castiel does his best to explain.

"What happened was: I wanted to see you guys again and thought it would be funny to turn you into dogs... But when I went to do it... Something in my trickery went wrong, and I can't change myself back."

"Oh."

They sit in silence, the corgi sits on the table, Dean backs away slightly. "Sooo... You going to help or what?" Gabriel corgi inquires, "why should we help you?" Dean asks back, "because you're the Winchesters! You help everybody. Not to mention I can help you with that mark Dean-o."

Team Free Will's heads perk up, "so now you want to listen to me? Well at least I've got your attention. So let's make a deal. You help change me back, and everything you need to know about getting that mark off, is yours."

Dean thinks for a moment, Sam and Castiel stare at him like 'you friggin' crazy? Just say yes and we'll help the Trickster!'

"Okay, fine."

"Great, now let's get this over with."

The corgi paces the table, Sam searches the internet as Dean and Cas comb through books.

"How come you can't change yourself back?" Sam asks, "because, Sammo. I can't snap my fingers, don't have any. I've got paws." The corgi sits and pulls his front paws up to show Sam. He nods and turns back to the laptop, the corgi positions himself so he can see the screen better, his eyes going over each word.

Hours and hours of researching to find nothing, nothing about un-doing a Trickster's curse. But then Sam's head perks up and open's his mouth to speak.

"So get this, a Trickster's magic can be undone by another Trickster, or a powerful enough witch."

"Great, now let's go find us a witch, or another Trickster." Dean announces, "okay, great," Sam and Castiel stand, Gabriel watches.

"Whoa, Sam, someone's gotta looks after the corgi. I don't trust him," Dean says. "But why do I have to do it? Cas is his brother, don't you think?-"

"Iz don't know what Cas would do, and you're responsible. I'm sure you and the Trickster have a lot to talk about, come on Cas."

Dean and Castiel disappear, leaving a corgi and a human moose.

"Thanks, Den. No really, thanks." Sam says to the air, he flops back in his chair.

"Come on, don't be like that. We go way back, come on," Gabriel enthuses. Sam pulls a bitch-face. "What is your problem kiddo? You just gotta sit around here with me," Sam bitch-faces harder, if that's possible.

"That the issue, I'm stuck here with you. I haven't been out of the bunker in a week. One week. And you're here!"

"Why is that an issue?"

"Because you're you."

Gabriel's ears drop, he was hurt. At least when he had a human vessel, he could conceal it, but there was something about dogs where they can't hide things too easily.

"Look, I'm sorry, I just-"

"No, it's fine... I'll go find somewhere else to be in here."

Gabriel walks to a chair that's been left out and jumps to it, he takes another leap to the floor. His short four legs carry him swiftly to some other corner of the bunker.

---

"Gabriel! Here Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel!" Sam whistles, trying to get the corgi from his hiding place. "Gabriel? Come on, please? We started on the wrong paw," Sam laughs at his own pun.

"Seriously? 'We started on the wrong paw'?" Sam turns to find the cute little corgi standing behind him.

"Hey, there you are, I've been looking all over the bunker."

"I know."

"So... I can't believe I'm doing this, but... But I'm sorry. I- I shouldn't have said what I said." Sam offers a warm smile, the corgi smiles back,a t least Sam thought he did, if dogs can really smile.

"So... What's fun for a corgi to do around here?"

"What have you been doing for the two hours I've been looking for you?"

"Following you, seeing what lengths you'd go to."

"And?"

"And I'm impressed. You really knew how to hunt a Trickster, but not a dog."

"I thought you said you weren't a dog?"

"Not really anyway, but for the time being, yes. I am a welsh corgi. Most favoured by the Queen."

Sam gives a light chuckle and walks away, Gabriel following him.

"But seriously, what is there to do in your dumb-asyal?"

"I guess we'll just have to look around."