~1~

"I got my drivers license last week just like we always talked about"

Jisung stared at the new card he held in front of him. The minute he saw a letter from DMV in his mailbox, his heart dropped into his stomach. He wasn't even sure he wanted to look at the picture, but he was a cat, and the curiosity was too great.

Jisung wished he hadn't let his curiosity kill him.

Jisung's picture didn't look good from how tired he looked. He completely forgot he was getting his license the next day and went to bed unreasonably late. His mom had barged in on him that morning, scolding him for not setting an alarm. Jisung's panic began to settle in when he realized he didn't have any time to put concealer on, and he paid the price.

Jisung's eyebags were radiating purple, and his skin looked a little pale. His eyes looked a little swollen as well. He looked tired, because he didn't sleep nearly as long as he was used to. Lately these days, even with Jisung sleeping more than he should be, he's grown used to feeling little wet patches on his pillowcase before he knocks out. Jisung had his nightly cry session before bed, and it was evident in the tiny photo.

Jisung's mind begged his heart to feel something while looking at the plastic card. To feel sad and shove it in his wallet backwards to never look at it head on. To feel angry and chuck it across his bedroom. To feel anything at all. Something that wasn't so numbing and all-consuming.

Jisung's license was something him and Minho had been talking about for months. And now that he has his license, Minho is not there to celebrate with him. Deep down like any other small detail of their relationship that was given to him in small reminders, it gutted Jisung.

Jisung put his license on his desk and sighed. All he could think about was how it would've been if Minho was still here.

In his daydream, Jisung imagined calling Minho, and saying he had a surprise waiting for him. Minho would question what Jisung had for him, and Jisung would demand him to drive over to his house. Minho would immediately drop whatever he was doing, grab his car keys, and speed over to Jisung's house. Minho would always do that, because he would've given the world to Jisung on a silver platter if he had asked.

Jisung would open the door with a smirk on his face, ready to watch Minho's reaction.

"Okay what do you have for me?" Minho would smile, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Come in, you'll see!"

Jisung would have Minho close his eyes, and he would lead him upstairs to his bedroom.

"Can I open them now?" Minho would whine.

"Open your hand first."

Minho would've held out his hand, and Jisung would think about how badly he wanted to hold it, however, he would push that thought away in the moment. Jisung would've placed the card in his hand, and his heart would be pounding from the excitement and impatience to see his boyfriend proud of him.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Jisung's smile would be so wide, his cheeks would start to ache.

Minho would open one eye, scared of what would have been placed in his palm. He would look at the card, and his eyes would become so wide they could've popped out of their sockets. "Oh my god, you have your license!"

Jisung would've had his hands behind his back and he'd sway back and forth with a smug look on his face. "I know!"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to surprise you!"

Minho would beam at Jisung and wrap his hands around his waist. Minho would then kiss Jisung's forehead and watch Jisung snuggle into his neck. "I'm so proud of you Sungie."