River,

Since I am currently hiding from the ministry I have had to contact you and your fellows via mail, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused - I know it's not idealistic.

To the task at hand, however, I require you and Mr Black to go to Hogwart's and search Dolores' office. Look for anything incriminating towards her or the ministry, anything that links either of them to the dark lord or anything of the sorts. I have selected the both of you for this mission as you yourself can enter Hogwart's without any suspicion, and Sirius in animagus form will be able to sneak through corridors e.t.c.
I hope this is doable for yourself and Mr Black, River.
Albus Dumbledore.

She looked up to see Sirius already looking straight at her, having read his letter, he smirked. River ignored him. What was she supposed to think? He hadn't spoken to her for weeks? Now all of a sudden she were supposed to live with him! The audacity this man has, especially after kissing her!

"I'm assuming you all understand? Even if ya don't it's not my problem, get on with it. Molly? Ya ready to leave yet? Hurry up, got things to do now. I wanna go find that cockroach Mundungus as well." Moody stated. Remus coughed trying to get Rivers attention and she turned to him.

"Great to see you, River. Guessing I won't have to be going to Hogwart's to see you." he chuckled.

"I don't know about that, Remus," she smiled sweetly showing him the letter, "I only just left and Dumbledore's already sending me back." she complained.

"With Sirius too, I see." he pointed out.

"Yeah, that'll be fun I guess." she said awkwardly, desperate to leave the conversation.

"Right, River, boys come here and give me a hug, we will probably be gone by the time you have finished unpacking. We will still be coming over regularly, vice versa, and we will have regular meetings so we will still be in touch. I'm still talking to Harry, Ron and Hermione so they will update me if anything new. It was lovely to see you, River. And you boys better behave!" she gave her a kiss on the cheek, before leaving the kitchen; followed by Moody, Tonks, Kingsley and Arthur to collect their bags. Leaving just River, Fred, George, Sirius and Remus in awkward silence.

"Right, boys, come on let's go get unpacked please. I will cook your favourite dinner tonight but only if you let me choose my own room!" she said to diffuse the tension. They followed her out the room and up the stairs with all of their bags.

Rivers relationship with George and Fred has always been odd. She had known them forever and they had always been childish and playful, but at Hogwart's it had reached a whole new level; pranking people daily, teaching Snape a lesson after he had been a miserable old boot and all the rest of it. River felt responsible for them, as if they were her own. Especially at Hogwart's when Molly wasn't there to keep them in track. But they were all still friends, and they could talk for hours laughing and joking around - it went from one extreme to the other.

She looked around at the rooms, being able to take her pick, she came across one which was already occupied, but her curiosity became the better of her and she went in. It was dark, but had a balcony at the far end of the room with a window that allowed some light and an en suite in a little room to the left. A massive four poster bed in the centre of the wall with curtains falling from each post. It was tidy, yet had a homely feel, with cigarette packets on the bedside cabinet, clothes sprawled on the side of the wall and books upon books organised messily on a shelf.

"River?" said a voice from behind. She spun around quickly to see Sirius leaning on the door frame.

"Uh- I- Sorry, I shouldn't be here, I'll just go-"

"No. Don't apologise, it's only my room. That's what I wanted to do actually. I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you, in all honesty I wasn't sure what to say. I'm not sure what happened that day, and I didn't know what you thought- I don't know. I probably sound stupid I don't know what i'm trying to say." Sirius stumbled upon his words.

"You left me without any idea of what happened or how you felt for three weeks. I don't know what you want me to say? We kissed and you left. It's over now, forget it ever happened, ok?" she retorted.

"But River I don't want to forg-" but before he could finished she had already pushed past him, leaving the room and began going up the third set of stairs.
She decided on a room which also had a balcony and an en suite and had a big black bed in the corner of the room. River pulled out her wand and flicked it at her suitcase again and it fell to the floor. She unzipped her suitcase and began unpacking it into the majestic wardrobe that stood as tall as the ceiling in the corner of the room.

After unpacking, she headed downstairs, trying your best to avoid Sirius after the awkward encounter previously. She began to cook your infamous spaghetti bolognese, a recipe of which she got from her Mother, for Fred and George, assuming Sirius and Remus would be joining too since she hadn't heard otherwise. Whilst cooking, Remus enters the kitchen and sits himself on the table behind her.

"Hey you." he said with a gorgeous grin on his face.

"Hiya, how have you been?" she replied.

"Not too bad, thankyou. Do you need some help?" he offered, getting off from the table and standing awfully close behind her looking over at what she was doing.

"I- Um- I think I'm o- ok thankyou, Remus." struggling for words, due to the fact she could feel his breath on the back of your neck. She felt his hands begin to crawl around her waist, whilst she continued to chop and dice the ingredients, trying to distract herself from what was going on behind her.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" he whispered into her ear, which made her tremble. What was he  doin-

"Remus. Can I borrow you for a second please." Sirius said sternly from behind them.

"Um- yes sure," Remus pulled away, "what is it you need?"

Remus left the room, passing Sirius as he walked through the door, which was then shut by Sirius. River heard their voices, but it was inaudible, the talking slowly grew into yelling, it sounded harsh. She went to see what was happening but all she caught was some stomping up the stairs, and the back of Remus' head which was going into the living room. After hearing the raised voices, she thought it was best to leave it be, and returned to cooking. Once she had finished and the warm smell of the food filled the house, she called Fred and George down, who raced into the kitchen and began eating instantly; Sirius followed a few minutes later and Remus never even showed.

River sat next to Sirius and began eating, she began to speak to Sirius about the task, ignoring what had happened previously and tried to act as normal as possible. They all joked and laughed whilst they scoffed down their meals, before they all decided it was time to call it a night and return to their rooms.

River and Sirius had decided it was best to get their task completed, rather than leaving it until later; so they were going to Hogwart's tomorrow. Slightly scared of the possible outcomes, she struggled to sleep but after a while she drifted into a deep snooze and her dreams began.