Chapter Eleven-An Official Badass & Sleeping Naked

“So you’re saying you can banish anyone to hell after they die and in extreme cases your cousin, the Grimm Reaper will come and get rid of someone for you?” Talisha marvels excited slapping her hands together, “You have to at least banish Dumb and Dumber; Katie and Katherine. Please! For me!”

“What have you ever done for me?” I ask jokingly, ready for an outburst surrounding the events that occurred only days ago, “You can’t abuse my privileges I have as Leader of the Fallen.” 

I feel my heart sinking like the Titanic as a heavy sigh weighs me down once again. Graysen…as explained by Vanessa once I woke up, has gone back to heaven to either watch over me as my  so called ‘guardian angel’ from there or a desk job in some other department for the rest of time as punishment for the way he and the others botched the job. Hamish Fell. No, not as in ‘fell over’. He became a fallen angel voluntarily, to be with Natalie. 

Maybe a part of me will miss whoever Carolina was. Maybe not. 

“Just Katherine?” Talisha pleads, her eyes narrowing down on the two partnerless girls crossing the room to rain on Talisha’s personal parade. 

Talisha yanks up the corset top of her strapless, floor length, lavender gown adorned with floral beading along the top. 

“Why do you need to banish them? They’ve come to formal alone, that’s punishment enough isn’t it?” I persuade. 

She smacks my upper arm with a tough backhand, “Hey!” she protests, pouting with a puppy dog face, “I came alone!”

Katherine and Katie stalk up to us like roosters in a hen house. Katie is drowning in a puff of green fabric which escapades up her shoulders, around her neck and down to her feet and Katherine is sucking in all areas of her body to hold herself in a bodycon lime green dress that threatens to pop a seam at any second. 

“Oh fantastic, Father Christmas and his favourite elf have arrived,” Talisha sighs.

“Hey Ali!” they address me with an excited greeting, “That was rude of Mr. Richek to ask you to take out the rubbish,” their hungry eyes latch onto a growling Talisha.

“It’s just the recyclables. It must be nice to go on holiday when you’re not rushing around in December. Time away from Mrs. Claus?” I wink. 

“You know Ali, it’s the end of the year, we’ve all been through a lot and I can’t stop myself from thinking, hey, you girls aren’t as bad as I thought, so I wrote you both a poem. Roses are red, violets are blue, God made me pretty, what happened to you?” Talisha says whimsically. 

“At least when I jump my stomach doesn’t hit my face,” Katherine sneers bitterly, “Go kill yourself.”

Talisha pulls up a fake grin, “If I wanted to kill myself I would climb your ego and try to jump to your IQ.”

“You're so poor my friend saw you kicking a can across the street she asked you what you were doing you said moving,” Katie retaliates. 

“You know your family tree must be a cactus because you’re all pricks,” Talisha insults unapologetically, “With your attitudes the only way you guys are going to get laid is if you crawl you a chickens ass and wait.”

The punch glass held in Katherine’s hand is thrown at Talisha, orange-pink liquid soaks in and drips down her dress. 

“That’s it bitches, we’re taking this outside. Ali, I’ll be back with these dogs on a lead,” Talisha smiles at me with a look so purely evil she may as well have ripped it straight off Mia’s face the week before. She weaves her hand into Katherine’s hair and slams her up against the emergency exit. The green and white striped door swings open and the there girls rush out. Smack! The door slams shut in the momentum of the moment.