Chapter 2 : Group Therapy Sucks

"Now that were all seated." She smiled. " We can begin another session." Looking down at her clipboard, she turns the girl beside her. " Brooke, why don't you start?" She smiled a little at the mousy girl. "Uh sure, well today I got a call from my aunt" she finishes mumbling the rest before going quiet " I think I'm done talking" The women jots down a couple notes before continuing down the line.

One by one, each person says something irrelevant.  "Coleen," she calls ." It's pronounced, Colin, ignore how stupid it's spelled," I say, wishing my parents could have put a little more thought in naming the kids they spawned. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll remember that next time." No, you won't. You've had two weeks to get it right, I think bitterly. "Well, do you have anything to share?" She asks in the sugary sweet baby voice, like I'm some toddler. 

"Nope," I say, popping the p. " Nothing? Are you excited about the family visiting day? " she says, pushing for something." "Not really, my siblings do it in a certain order. So it's probably going to be my older sister that's coming, " I answer bored of this already. " well you must be happy she's coming then" looking at her face, I smile right back "not when all she talks about is her upcoming wedding" I continue hoping I'll see some kind of reaction besides her too sweet smile. " Well, aren't you happy for your sister?" she asks, leaning forward a touch.

Sighing again "Not when it's all she talks about, there's only so many times I can listen to all the details and plans before wanting to bash my head in" scoffing " Not to mention how stupid it is when I won't even be involved in it, why should I care what kind of cake was picked? Do you see how stupid it is for me to hear it? "  I love my sister, but she can be so bothersome about the lamest things. Besides, I'll probably miss everything, and they'll only be the pictures to look at, no memories attached. Why should I care or even need to be involved in any of it. " I'm happy for her..." I say stopping mid-sentence, not wanting to share so much.

"But?" She says leaning forward I scoff inwardly " but it's really got nothing too do with me" I say back, especially when it feels like everyone's passing me by and moving on with their life, while I'm stuck here making macaroni art and clay ashtrays, I hate smoking all I ever get from it are headaches. Yet it's the only thing allowing me outside, and i don't have to get shoved into a vehicle and rushed off for a appt...

I just wish she'd stop pressing me for more I don't see her begging so much for the other patients. Why the hell cant she just shut the fuck up. The silence goes on for awhile before she switches. Thanking the universe, I tune the rest out. They're never any important, I just don't care. All I want right now is to toss my feelings down and plop myself onto my lumpy mattress. The days seem to drag on, hard to imagine I still have a few more weeks here then its appointments bi-weekly. Seeing everyone getting up i follow the human train out and aimlessly walk towards my room. the stationed guards are always behind us showing the way to a place i can find on autopilot, i sigh another day another doctor, at least i can sleep till my family gets here, then its all fun, fun, fun.