A Sticky Situation

Peters POV

It's been a few months since I last spoke with Mr.Stark. Part of me knows he has more pressing matters to deal with, being you know...Iron Man and a billionaire and almost getting kill by...well you know...but then there's also a small part of me that prays/hopes he'll pick up the phone when I call instead of letting it go to voicemail.

I know that's selfish.

That I have no right to want anymore than he's already given me.

I mean the suit, it's great and all. I could never repay him for that, literally, but I'm beginning to think that it needs to be returned to him. At least for now, given all the uneasiness about inhumans recently.

I thought the country (and world for that matter) had moved passed this after Director Mace inform everyone that Quake was on the governments side, but apparently not. All it took was one tweet, one stupid, stupid tweet, and now half the city is convinced I'm an alien and no longer want my help.

As much as it sucks to feel unappreciated and unwanted, given my current predicament my approval ratings probably shouldn't be my main concern...A group calling themselves the Watchdogs are sending their men after me EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I had been handling them with ease, until two nights ago. I must have missed one of them when I thought I had webbed them all up after they ambushed me, because someone posted a picture of me maskless on the watchdogs twitter page tonight. Thankfully my face wasn't visible, and it was taken down within minutes, but this has been a wake up call. I can't risk slipping up like that again and exposing myself. I could never let that happen to May or Ned. Or Mr.Stark.

Oh my god. Mr. Stark. He signed The Accords. I can't just walts into Stark Tower and give the suit back...he'd be in so much trouble if he was caught helping an inhuman right now, and even thought I'm not one I don't think explaining how I actually got my powers would deescalate the situation. Clearly I'm not ready for this level threat, but maybe Mr.Stark will be willing to let me have the suit again once things calm down. If I can just figure out how to get it to him.

*time skip(:*

I wake up to the sound of May in the kitchen. I laugh as I stretch out as I listen to her curse at the pan like it's responsible for her bad cooking.

"You sleep late"

I recognize the voice immediately, but my confusion with why he is here must be evident.

"What? Not happy to see me?"

"No. No. I mean yes....Mr. Stark what are you doing here? It's not that I'm not glad to see you again, I just...it's just...I don't feel like you being here is the best idea right now"

"Why? Because your aunt is home? Doesn't have a clue I'm here. I came in through the window. Truthfully, I think I could've walked right in through the door and she wouldn't have noticed. She's been so busy screaming at kitchenware for the last 30 minutes that she's not even answered her phone. Which has been ringing constantly by the way. I'm sure my CEO isn't too happy about being ignored"

"Wait. Your wife, I mean fiancé, or is it girlfriend...ugh..Miss Potts is calling my aunt? Why would she do that?"

"Well unless you've changed your mind about telling her about your extracurriculars, we need a cover story for why she needs to leave your house for a few days, and Pepper is pretty good at lying. Better than you at least."

He says the last sentence as he twirled a Star Wars figure in his left hand, then glares at me.

"I gotta say Underroos, I imagined quiete a few scenarios about how this conversation would play out and you laying quietly in bed like your annoyed I disturbed you wasn't one of them. Are you not going to ask me why your aunt needs to leave your apartment? I expected that at the very least"