Chapter 14: Spring Interhigh

Start from the beginning

September than October, The Preliminaries:

All of sudden it was September and I was celebrating Yachi's birthday, September 4th with Karasuno, and leaving to go home and get sleep. And then it was Bokuto's birthday, September 20th so I went to Tokyo for his party. Seven days later it was Tsukishima's birthday so I slid back into the group of Karasuno students and celebrated it with them.

Suddenly another month flew by, sadly there were still fifteen days left so I went to Nishinoya's birthday party, October 10th. Six days later I went to Kenma's, time felt like it was going quicker than normal.

Suddenly it was the 25th and we were on a bus heading to the place for our next matches. I twiddle my fingers, anxiety suddenly bubbling in my stomach. 'I got enough sleep last night I should be fine, I-' I interrupt my thoughts by trying to clear my head. 'Calm down, everything will be okay.' I repeat over and over. 'Why do I have a bad feeling about these matches then..?' That thought makes me open my eyes out of surprise.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kunimi asks, noticing my weird face. "Hmm? Oh, yeah just distracted." I mumble as my thoughts start to get worse and worse until I hear something repeat in my head.

"Every time you get nervous, anxious, sad or any other uncomfortable emotion imagine me repeating this in your head. NEGATIVITY BEGONE!" Koshi says as he lightly karate chops my head. "Pft- Negativity Begone?" I ask and burst out laughing. "Thanks, Koshi. that was really helpful!" I say, giving him a bright smile. "EXACTLY!" He exclaims with a bright smile. I smile at the memory and repeat the words in my head, 'Negativity begone!' I realize I'll get to see Koshi and smile even wider.

"Oh looks like she's back to normal." Oikawa says with a smile. "I guess you were right, she got better on her own." Iwaizumi mumbles to Oikawa who nods. "What do you think she thought of to make her feel better?" Iwaizumi asks, turning to Oikawa who smiles. "Her cousin." Iwaizumi looks at him with confusion. "I didn't expect you to have an answer and be so sure of it." Oikawa shrugs, "I can just tell by the smile on her face that it was her cousin."

Iwaizumi turns back to (Y/n) but is still looking at Oikawa out of the corner of his eye. 'He doesn't realize that he likes her without even knowing he's her soulmate.' Iwaizumi sighs in irritation at the thought. "Why so irritated Iwa-Chan?" Oikawa asks, turning to Iwaizumi. "You two are just so irritating." Iwaizumi grumbles as Oikawa tilts his head. "Whatcha mean?" Iwaizumi grumbles something too quiet for Oikawa to hear and then the bus stops.

I jump up excitedly and grab my bag as we exit the bus. 'Koshi and I get to hang out!' Is all I can think about as we enter the building. We learn we don't have any matches yet so we go watch Karasuno. I smile brightly and tell them I'll meet them up there. I head down to where they'd be stretching and spot Koshi instantly.

"KOSHI!" I shout and jump onto his back like always. "Oof- (Y/n)? Hey! How are you?" Koshi says with a laugh and I give him a bright smile and jump off him as quickly as I jumped on. "Good! Oh and, thank you!" I say with a bright smile. "For what?" Koshi asks and I chuckle. "Negativity really does go away when you do that doesn't it?" I say in a silly tone and he laughs. "Was something bothering you today?" I nod, "Yeah but I don't know what-" I get interrupted by Nishinoya and Tanaka.

"(Y/N)-CHAN!" They shout and try to tackle me but I dodge them. "Hey Noya-Kun, Naka-Kun!" I say as they regain themselves. "How've you two been?" I ask and they give me big smiles. "Good!" They say in unison and I smile at them. "You better be!" I say and go greet everyone else on the team and finally head up to the rest of my team.

We got to watch them beat Johzenji and Wakutami Minami and finally came the time we were anticipating, Aoba Johsai versus Karasuno yet again.

A/N: Yes, Tanaka is now called Naka-Kun...

The Dreading Makes Sense Now:

That feeling comes back again, making me nervous and uncomfortable. 'NO NEGATIVITY WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS THING!' I think as I watch the match start.

To my dread, they win the first one, and I get queasier and queasier as I realize, 'This is the last chance the third years get, the last chance in high school they'll ever get to go to Nationals.' Suddenly my queasiness dissipates and I can take a deep breath. "We can do this." I mutter under my breath as we win the second set.

I talk to Oikawa about the strategies we've been using before the third set, then suddenly I feel light-headed. "Hey, (N/n)-Chan are you okay? You don't look too well." Oikawa mumbles and I put my hand to my head, laughing to myself. "Hah....I don't know if I'll ever get this chance again." I mumble quietly hoping Oikawa didn't hear it, but by the way, his face contorted into confusion I assume he did.

"What do you mean (N/n)-Chan?" He asks and I shake my head. "Nothing, don't worry about it, just win this." I mumble and he gives me a bright smile. "You know it!" He says brightly and I give him a lopsided smile.

'Why doesn't my body ever want me to see the games.' I think as I sit back down next to the coaches. "You okay (L/n)-San? you look like you're sick." Irihata comments and I shrug. "I'll be fine." I mumble as the third set starts. Throughout the set, I just get more and more nervous and more and more lightheaded. Of course thanks to my stubbornness I don't get up and go to the nurse's office. 'This is why I should properly take care of myself.' I think as I sigh.

I watch the match play out. As Karasuno has one point left to get until they win the match, I'm on the edge of my seat. 'No..' I think as I see Hinata hit the ball, Oikawa and I are the only ones who notice where it goes, but Oikawa doesn't realize that thanks to the blockers it was set off course a little bit. A lump appears in my throat and I cover my mouth.

'Oikawa....' Is all I can think as the ball hits the ground. Karasuno wins and I start tearing up. 'Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki...' I swallow the lump in my throat as the lightheadedness gets even worse.

"I-I don't think I should've waited this long to go to the nurse's office." I mumble to Irihata who understands immediately. "What are you waiting for then?" He says and pushes me towards the door.