pt 30. i did something bad

Start from the beginning

"And what made you think that was your decision to make?"

I couldn't give him an answer because in all honesty it wasn't my decision to make, but I just want him to take advantage of every second he has with his father. Not everyone has their parents around.

Silently he threw the rest of his outfit together; a belt and his suit jacket, before leaving the room without another word and the harsh slam of the door.

I sat frozen on the bed for a few more minutes too nervous to get up, that was not the reaction I was expecting. Sure I knew he would be upset, skeptical of course, but angry at me? I didn't prepare myself for that one.

Now I feel terrible.

Not only did I go behind his back and arrange a dinner with the man he loathes, but I also gave that same man false hope at a relationship with his son.

You're on a roll huh Clover?

I should have known better.

Before getting dressed I peeked into mine and Sins room only to see Remi still fast asleep, body thrown under the covers wildly in a much needed rest. I shut the door quietly before blowing out a breath from from my cheeks, it's going to be a long day.

Eventually I made my way down stairs, now clad in some black leggings, a red hoodie and my black coat. I had slipped on my shoes before creeping into the kitchen to grab a bit of breakfast before I left.

I planned on seeing Camilla for two reasons. One, I missed her terribly and really needed some girl time, two I needed to be away from Sin, I absolutely hated knowing he was so upset with me.

I was just gonna snatch a banana instead of my usual waffles and be on my way.

My plan proved to be a failure once I entered the kitchen only to see Marco munching on some bacon, Sin speaking rapidly in his native language on the phone, and Gio making some eggs.

"Morning." Marco mumbled and I did my best to smile although it was terribly obvious how insincere and smothered by guilt it was.

I could feel his eyes on me. I stood on my tip toes stealing a banana from off the fridge, stuffing it into the deep pocket of my thigh length coat. "Not your usual eggos today?" Gio has eyes in the back of his head I just know it.

"Not today," I mumbled and a pang of panic hit my chest just as my gaze met an intense green pair. He returned to his phone call without sparing me a glance, but resting his eyes on my pocket for a moment longer, a scowl on his lips.

I cant even eat a banana without being judged.

"Are you headed somewhere?" I hummed a yes subconsciously trying to be as quiet and unnoticeable as possible.

I was planning on telling Anthony but I don't see him anywhere, considering he spends every second that he's not working with Camilla, I doubt he spent the night here.

Marco gave me a questioning look. "Just out."

None of the men in the room took any liking to that answer. "How fucking informative." Marco mumbled grumpily before shoveling more of his breakfast in that big mouth of his. Giovanni grunted in disapproval and my lovely boyfriend glared at me so viscous I thought I would burst to flames.

"When will you return?" What was the matter with all of them today? Giovanni turned away from his cooking in order to wait for my answer and all I could give him was a small smile. "Soon."

"Four will accompany you." Excuse me?

"Four what?"

His phone call was now over and he so kindly put down his phone for more than five seconds to speak to me nicely. "Four of my men unless of course you would like to stay?" I gave him my best come on please look but he didn't budge one bit.