Chapter 4

Three weeks went by and Dean and I met at the tree every spare moment we got. He would then take me home and kiss me on the hand and wish me a goodnight. I had seen the blonde haired boy at my window 3 times since the nightmare of Dean, always with the evil smirk on his face. On the bright side I hadn't had any more nightmares in two weeks. My dreams were all happy ones of Dean and I. I was meeting up with Dean again today. It was the start of summer break so I would now have 5 weeks to spend every day with him. I got in the shower and then freshened up over the basin. I chucked on the prettiest clothes I had so that I could impress Dean. He always said that I would look beautiful no matter what I wore but I was unconvinced.
"So, who is it?" Emily asked from my doorway.
"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping she didn't know about me meeting with Dean.
"You've been more happy in the last three weeks than you have been in your whole life. So who's the guy?"
She always had to know everything. I contemplated whether I should tell her about Dean or not. Even if she did tell mum and dad, I could tell them she had been wagging school.
Letting out a long exasperated sigh, I replied, "Dean."
She thought about it for a moment and then her face lit up.
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Do you mean the new guy? The hot new guy? He is the talk of every girl in school at the moment! Everyone wants to date him at the moment! You are so lucky!" She screeched.
I picked up my bag and barged past her.
"I have to go." I said as I walked out of the room.
"Have fun smooching your new boyfriend!" She laughed.
I blushed and began jogging to the door.
"Where are you going?" Dad asked just before I reached the door.
"Ugh! I'm meeting with a friend." I said in an irritated voice.
"You've been meeting up with this friend a lot lately. Who is it?"
"Hailey." I lied and ran out the door before he could say anything else.

When I got outside, I looked around and there he was. The blonde haired boy. I marched up to him.
"Why have you been watching me?!" I demanded.
He just laughed. He reached out to grab my arm but I pulled it back out of his reach. After he didn't answer my question, I just turned on my heel and ran into the forest. When I was under the shade of the trees, I turned around to make sure he hadn't followed me. He hadn't which I was thankful for. I turned back around and jogged all the way to the meadow. Dean wasn't anywhere in sight. Suddenly I felt strong arms grabbing me from behind hugging me tightly.
"I missed you." He whispered in my ear. I giggled and turned to face him. He hugged me tightly, picking me off my feet and spinning me around. We then walked to the tree and climbed up to the seat. He sat himself next to me and we snuggled together.
"I love you." He whispered.
His words shocked me at first and then I grinned.
"I love you too." I whispered back.
I looked down at the ground and saw the blonde haired boy staring up at us with a smirk on his face. He was standing exactly as he was in my nightmares. Pictures from my dream hit me again. Dean jumping from the tree and charging at him... Them fighting... Then Dean's lifeless body dropping to the ground. I gasped loudly. Dean turned to look at me. I quickly pressed my lips against his, hoping that he wouldn't notice the boy staring up at us from below. He tensed at first, then relaxed in my arms and kissed me back passionately. It began as being a distraction but now that it had started, I didn't want to stop. I pushed forward with pressure now in attempt to get as much of me touching him as possible. He wrapped his arms around my waste, pulling me close. His hands travelled underneath my shirt and I felt tingles from the coldness of his hands on my skin. That's when it hit me. I quickly pulled his hands off my waist and held them in mine.

"Your hands... They're frozen. That's not normal. Are you ok?" I asked, worriedly.
"It's cold out." He said, looking down at his hands.
I looked down and noticed the blonde haired boy had disappeared. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief. He looked at me curiously but I wasn't about to explain to him why I was so cautious.
"It's not that cold today, Dean. Are you sick?"
"No, Jess. I'm fine." He said reassuringly.
"I don't believe you. I want you to go home."
"Please, I want to stay here with you." He pleaded.
I looked at him for a moment before setting myself back in his arms. I leaned my head against his chest and he rested his head on mine. It was a comfortable position and I didn't want to move. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the birds and animals of the forest. After a short while, I found myself drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to a slight bump of my head against something hard. I opened my eyes and saw Dean smiling down at me. He was carrying me in his arms. I had his jacket wrapped around my shoulders and my head was laying on his tense arm muscle. That answered my question about what I hit my head on. The thing that confused me was that we weren't at the bottom of the tree where we usually climbed down but directly underneath where we had been sitting. I hadn't felt him walk after the bump. There was no way he could have jumped from the height of the branch we were sitting on and not break a bone, let alone with my weight in his arms as well. He probably wouldn't have been able to hold me and climb down branches at the same time either. He was very smart though so he must've found a way. He placed me on my feet and we began walking back. I noticed him subtly sniffing the air. He quickly looked away from me and to the side.
"We have to hurry." He said urgently.

We began jogging back to my place. He tried his best not to look me in the eyes the whole way home. Once we got there. He quickly kissed me on the forehead and said goodnight and was already walking away. He always stayed for a few minutes with me before he left so I stepped forward and grabbed his arm before he could go any further. He still didn't look my way.
"I want you to stay for dinner." I said.
"I'm sorry Jess, I can't. I have to go now." He said, emphasising the word now.
"Please" I whispered. "For me."
He shook his head, his voice sounding shaky. "I'm so sorry. I wish I could Jess, but you don't understand- I can't!"
With that I pulled his arm all the way up to the front door and pulled him half into the house. As soon as his arm was through the door, it began burning and blistering, the flesh peeling off of his arm. He looked up at me. His eyes were a deep, scary red but his face was full of pain and fear. I immediately let go of his arm and he pulled back instantly, landing with a thud on the grass. He was clasping his burnt arm with his hand and squeezing it hard. I could tell that he was desperately trying not to scream in pain. I ran down and knelt on the grass next to him.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! What can I do to make it better?" I asked panicked.
He looked up at me through dark, Crimson red eyes. I had to look away.
"I need you to go inside and lock the door- you can't let me or anyone else in and you can't let yourself or anyone in your family come out... Please."
"I'm not going to leave you out here in pain Dean! Tell me what I can do to help!" I pleaded.
"He needs your blood." I turned to the voice. The blonde haired boy was standing there with his trademark smirk painted on his face. I turned to Dean.
"You can't do it Jess. I won't be able to stop. I'll kill you. Please just get inside!" He said, the pain still in his voice. He was breathing heavily and I could tell that he was in immense pain. If the blonde haired boy was telling the truth, and my blood was the only thing that would take away his pain, then so be it. I had to give it to him... Even if it killed me.
"Dean, it's ok. I trust that you won't kill me." I said, not even sure what was going on.
"No!" He screamed.

Suddenly, the blonde haired boy stood behind me, moved the hair from my neck and shoulder and pushed it towards Dean's nose. He took a deep breath in and his eyes turned darker and he grabbed my shoulders and pulled my neck to his mouth. I felt a slight stinging pain. Then it felt like the life was being pulled from my body but it was getting energised at the same time. My body then began to feel weak and I was getting dizzy.
"It's not as fun killing you instantly than letting you live with killing her." The blonde laughed.
Dean bit down harder on my neck. I was guessing it was out of anger.
"It's ok, Dean. I trust y..." I trailed off in a weak voice.
He immediately let go of me and backed away. My limp and weak body fell to the floor. The boy laughed and then vanished from sight in an instant. I looked up at Dean. His eyes had returned to their normal ocean blue colour but they were now filled with water and there was tears rolling down his cheeks. The burn on his arm had completely healed. His beautiful chocolate brown hair sat messily on top of his head. Despite being weak and dizzy, I smiled at his beauty. He scrambled over to me, scooping me up in his arms and soaking cold wet tears into my hair.
"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" He repeated over and over. "Please don't leave me. Please. I love you. Please stay alive!" He cried.

My vision was blurring more and more as every minute passed. Dean stood up with me in his arms and carried my limp body as he ran. He ran faster than any human possibly could and carried me into the forest. The moon was bright overhead but the rain was beginning to pour down on my face and soaking my hair. What was usually a 15 minute walk, only took us about one minute at Dean's speed. We reached the field and the rain was now pouring down quickly and joining the tears on Dean's face. He ran towards the tree but instead of stopping when he reached it, he said something in another language and ran straight through it! I didn't get to see where we were before my eyes stopped working. All I could see was white.
I heard Dean's voice scream, "Help!" Before everything went black.