I stumbled up and flung my arms around the boy, while he laughed loudly. He pulled away after a short moment, taking both of my hands instead. "Why are you always up to something?" he asked, grinning.

"I wasn't this time," I told him. "Oh, El, it's so good to see you-"

"Mills! There you are!"

Harry and Ron appeared in front of us, panting. Ron smiled at my friend, but Harry immediately frowned, his gaze dropping to our entwined hands. "Were we interrupting something?" he said slowly.

"What? No!" I exclaimed, stepping away from Elwood. "I haven't seen him in ages, that's all..."

"You didn't hug me," he said, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Who said I hugged him?"

"Well you looked fucking cozy when I saw you!"

"Who's using the big words now?" I taunted, glaring at him. Why was he so jealous all of a sudden?

"Erm - I'll see you all tomorrow at Kings Cross," Elwood said awkwardly, shuffling his feet as Harry and I stared at each other. "Goodbye..."

"Bye, El," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, not taking my eyes from Harry's, as his jaw clenched. Elwood walked away in confusion. "What's up your arse?"

Harry scoffed. "Oh, I'm sorry, I just don't want my best friend making out with guys in an alley!"

My face wavered at the word 'friend'. I gripped my fists angrily, handed Ron his rat, before pushing roughly past Harry and back towards the Leaky Cauldron.

"So you were snogging Mac?" I heard Harry call out behind me, but I ignored him.

Here was the thing - Harry'll flirt and tease me all the time, but when another boy comes into the equation, he gets all protective? Then calls me his best friend? I would happily kiss the idiot any day, but clearly Harry didn't see me like that.

When I finally reached the Leaky Cauldron, still muttering angrily under my breath, I stomped straight up the stairs to my room and went inside, slamming the door loudly behind me - I had to admit, I lose my temper more than anyone I know. I dropped down onto my bed, glancing vaguely around the room. Someone had been in to tidy; the windows were open and sun was pouring inside. I could hear the buses rolling by in the unseen Muggle street behind me, and the sound of the invisible crowd below in Diagon Alley, where Harry was right now. I wondered if he even cared that I had walked off - he was probably laughing right this second with Ron.

I only looked up again ten minutes later, when someone gently knocked on my door.

"Come in."

Mione entered, closing the door behind her. Her smile quickly faded when she caught sight of my face.

"Millie! What's wrong?" she exclaimed, sitting beside me as I swung my legs off of the bed so I could sit up next to her. "What're you doing back so soon? I only came by to drop my things off."

"You won't believe what I'm about to...you would've never expected it..." I groaned, burying my face in my hands, dreading the words that were about to leave my mouth. "It's about - Harry."

To my complete and utter surprise, she smiled. "I knew this day would come!"

I frowned. "What day?"

Mione squealed. "The day that you finally realised you liked Harry!" She grabbed my hand, squeezing it excitedly, while I just stared at her in disbelief.

"How did you know?" I croaked quietly.

"Millie, it's obvious." She laughed. "You've liked each other for ages! Even Ron knows!"