"If this is true than why didn't anyone tell me? Why did Ryder tell me I fell?" I asked trying to find anyway to prove that Niall was lying

"Because Luke begged her not to and promised her that he would never hit you again." Anger ran through me when I realized that my best friend lied to my face. I immediately got to my feet and walked towards Ryder's room. I pushed open the door to see her laying I'm bed with Dylan and London on each side of her. They all had tears in their eyes as they hugged and kiss.

"Mommy?" London asked looking up at Ryder

"Yeah baby?" Ryder sniffled

"Where is Adam?" Ryder looked as if she was about to curl up in a ball and have a mental break down. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"H-He's in heaven." She said wiping away her own tears.

"When is he coming back?" Dylan asked.

"Why don't you give your mother and I sometime to talk, yeah?" I asked causing them to jump and realize my presence. They nodded before getting off the bed and giving me a hug before walking towards their rooms.

I want to be mad at Ryder for lying to me, I want to scream at her and take out all my anger on her but I couldn't. She was already hurt enough and she didn't need anything else to make her life even worse. I walked up to the dresser and grabbed the box of tissues and handed it to her before taking a seat next to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked lightly stroking her hair.

"I feel like Shit. I lost my son and Calum and Michael are in jail. I don't see how anything could get any worse. I feel like every time I start to feel better someone brings up the things that hurt me the most. Dylan and London came in here and asked me where their fathers were, do you know how hard it is to explain to your children that they are in jail?" She cried. I grabbed a tissue out the box and wiped away her tears.

"Ssh ssh, it's going to be okay. Just think of all the good things in your life. Try not to dwell on the things that you know will break you down. We're going to get the guys out once you want to just tell us the plan and we'll go through with it." I said pushing her hair behind her ear.

"But what if the plan fails? What if we all end up in jail for trying to get them out?" Ryder's glassy brown eyes looked up at me

"It won't fail and we won't end up in jail." I said trying to reassure her.

"I just feel that everything I do is wrong. Every time I tried to save someone it just ended up hurting them more." She bit down on her lip trying to contain her tears.

"It's not your fault if you can't save someone. Some people aren't ment to be saved, Ry." I said as she reached for a tissue and blew her nose.

"I just wish I could have had more time with Adam. I can't believe I lost him. Every time I think of him I can feel my heart break even more." I wiped away all her tears before pulling her into a hug

"You're a stronger person, Ry. I know it hurts now but soon you'll be able to think of Adam and smile because you'll remember all the good times you had with him and will be thankful for the fact that you were lucky enough to have had that time." Her cries calmed down as I rubbed her back. After a little while she pulled away

"Thank you." She said running her hand through her hair, trying to tame her wild curls.

"For what?" I raised an eyebrow not sure on what she was thanking me for.