ten

chivalry » noun ⇢ the combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak.

"You're coming to the party, right?" Ginny said to Lane as they watched Fred and George make a snowman and goof around in the snow.

The Gryffindors, despite being told not to by Professor McGonagall multiple times, were throwing a New Year's party. Ginny had insisted Lane just had to go and it wasn't hard to agree when she was giving her the signature Weasley puppy eyes.

"Yes Gin, I've told you a thousand times I'm going." Lane said reaching down and grabbing a handful of snow to make a snowball.

She weighed the ball in her hand before looking at Ginny and then the twins with a mischievous grin on her face that the other girl knew all too well. "This won't end well for you but I'm very curious to see how it plays out," Ginny said getting more comfortable for the show that was bound to ensue.

Lane stood up and smirked before tossing the snowball towards the twins and nailing Fred directly in the back of the head. He gasped and stop moving completely with a look of shock on his face. Both twins turned around from their snowman and looked around for the culprit before they both saw Lane holding in her giggles. Without a second thought, Fred sprinted towards her with a manic look on his face as George bent down and began making snowballs for the war that was about to take place.

"Mallard, you better get back here right now!" Fred said running after her as she took off around the courtyard to get away from him.

The thick layer of snow and their heavy winter clothes made the chase a lot slower than it would typically be and soon enough Lane held Ginny in front of her as some time of human shield.

"Hey, keep me out of this!" Ginny exclaimed as Fred and Lane danced around her still playing their game of tag. "Ginevra, you're going to need to move or I will not hesitate to deck you," Fred said making her scowl at the use of her full name.

"Call me that again and it's you who'll be decked." She said standing up tall, however, in comparison to Fred, she still looked quite small.

He smirked with an evil twinkle in his eye accepting the challenge. "Bring it on Ginevra-"

Before he could get any more words out, Ginny had pounced on him and they were wrestling in the snow. Lane sighed in relief and took it as her chance to get away while Fred was distracted but as she turned to head towards the castle she came face to face with George and a pile of snowballs.

"Not so fast, Laney." He said with a cocky grin before throwing a snowball at her.

It hit her right in the face making her gasp and wipe the snow off her face before reaching down and making her own ball to attack back with. Laughter filled the entire courtyard and soon Harry and Ron joined them – Harry joining Lane and Ginny's team and Ron joining his brothers. Fred got tired fairly quickly after his scuffle with Ginny and fell in a pile of snow beginning to make a snow angel. The rest of them laughed but nonetheless decided to do the same.

"Oi George get your spaghetti arm away from my angel!" Ron said angrily when George's snow angel accidentally overlapped with his.

George giggled and did it again making Ron get up angrily and tackle him where he laid. Lane couldn't remember how exactly she'd ended up at the bottom of the dogpile of bodies that had formed but she couldn't stop her giggling as the boys and Ginny all tried to fight each other.