four

escapade » noun ⇢ an act or incident involving excitement, daring, or adventure.

With the ball only two weeks away an excited buzz carried itself around Hogwarts as the students chatted happily about what to expect. With the upcoming Hogsmeade trip, Rosie, Ginny, Luna, and Lane were going to go to Hassie Hogans High-Class Specialty Store to find gowns. Much to Ron's dismay, and the rest of the Weasley's laughter, he was forced to wear his father's old robes to the ball. Which meant the rest of the Weasleys were free to choose whatever they wanted to wear – within the price range of course.

Lane sat in the library trying to finish her Charms essay before the weekend shopping trip when someone sat next to her, assuming it was Ginny she didn't look over right away until they cleared their throat.

"Oh-" Lane said blushing when she realized it wasn't her friend and she probably looked quite rude having ignored them. In front of her sat a beautiful 5th year Gryffindor: Angelina Johnson. She smiled brightly at Lane which made her relax a bit knowing at least Angelina didn't seem to notice her rudeness.

"Hi! You're Lane, right?" Angelina asked and Lane nodded feeling rather shy.

Everyone at the school knew Angelina, she was an extremely talented Chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and not to mention absolutely stunning. To have such a popular girl talking to Lane made her a bit anxious and flustered.

"George mentioned you were going to the ball with him and I just wanted to ask kind of an odd question?"

She seemed a bit embarrassed and Lane nodded again.

"Go for it."

"Well, in the muggle world a lot of the times dates will have something that matches, and I wasn't sure if you and George were going to have like complimenting colors or-" She was cut off by the men of the hour walking over.

"My girls," Fred said leaning down to wrap his arms around both girls. "Not gossiping about me, are you?"

Angelina rolled her eyes and pushed his arm off as he and George took the empty seats across from them.

"Actually, we were discussing the ball." The older girl said proudly.

The twins looked to one another and raised their brows before looking back at them.

"What about it?" George asked leaning forward to prop his elbows on the table.

"A lot of the times dates will have a tie that matches the color of their girl's dress, so I was wondering if you and Lane were going to do that," Angelina answered.

George looked at Lane and shrugged. "We never discussed it really, but I don't mind either way."

"He'll only mind if your dress is blue, he absolutely hates blue." Fred interrupted making George hit him. "I do not! It's my favorite color he's just being a prat."

Lane giggled softly and Angelina smiled.

"Okay perfect, Fred this is the color of my dress so just find a tie to match." She said pulling a swatch of fabric from her pocket.

He looked at the deep violet color and made a face, but Angelina cut him off before he could complain. "Don't you dare say anything or so help me-"

George smiled at the two before expectantly looking at Lane who blushed.

"Well, I haven't actually gotten my gown yet," she said, and Angelina gasped.

"There's only two weeks left! Surely all the nice gowns are nearly gone!"