distraction - jace norman

Another short one. Very angst. Enjoy.

-Third Person POV-

Y/N sat with her back pressed against the bathroom wall, and there was only one thing to rid her body of that horrible feeling. Him.

Loneliness. The feeling that can eat you alive, and make you feel nothing but alone. She lost so much.

No one judged her for coping, even if she used him to do it. But both of them had too many issues to count, and it all seemed to disappear when their bodies were pressed together.

Her shaking hands wrapped around the phone, holding it closer to her ear.

"Hey I..." He was cut off.

"Jace..."

He instantly heard the panic and sorrow in Y/N's voice. "Be there in ten."

He shuffled to his feet, grabbing his keys off the counter. While Jace drove to her house, Y/N stayed were she was, afraid to move. The two had known each other since high school, and ever since her father died, she was all he had, or so he thought.

As he climbed up the stairs to her room, Y/N had already removed her baggy shirt. For her, it was "make me forget sex", but to Jace, he loved her. He was hopelessly in love with Y/N.

Once he entered her bedroom, she stood there in her sweatpants and bra. His face fell.

Did Jace enjoy the sex part? Of course. But it was beginning to be the only thing Y/N called him for.

"You don't want to talk?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No." She whispered, tracing her hand lower to his pants.

"Y/N." He spoke again, slightly pushing her off him. She quickly silenced his words by harshly kissing him, pushing him closer to her bed.

"Wait..." But Jace was cut off by the ding of her phone, grabbing her attention. She almost immediately went over, smiling down at the device.

"W-Who is it?" Jace tried to suppress his anger, never wanting to reveal that side of him to the person he loves, but he knew exactly what was happening. Y/N was so consumed in whatever she was texting, that it took her a moment to respond.

"Hm?" She finally looked up. Jace walked over, grabbed her phone, and looked down at the screen to see the name Zack written at the top. He swallowed the hard lump in his throat, his eyes turning glossy for a moment, but that soon quickly turned into anger. Anger that she had never seen.

"What the fuck?"

Y/N swiftly snatched her phone back. Her face fell slightly as her eyes met his, trying to read his anger.

"Woah." She let out a fearful laugh, "What's wrong Jace?"

She went to touch his face, but he grabbed her wrist tightly.

"What? Now you wanna fuck? Or is that something we should have Zack join us for..." Jace's jaw tightened, and his eyes were blank.

"Stop being like this." She mumbled.

"Stop being like what Y/N! Are you upset because I'm not being the little kiss ass you use 24/7?"

Y/N didn't answer, she just sat herself on the end of the bed, trying to understand.

"I mean shit! We fuck anytime you're sad or horny, when all I want is to be around you! I'm in fucking love with you Y/N!" Jace's shoulders lifted and fell as he let out shaky breaths before looking at her. Her eyes were wide at his confession.

This time, Jace was the one to let out a painful laugh before heading out the door.

"Wait..." Y/N said standing up, making him stop. He turns around to look at her. The fear in her eyes lingered, but no other words left her mouth.

Jace just nodded his head, and walked out not saying anything.