Chapter 17: Sparks of A Fire

A/N: Hello everyone! I am sooo excited to finally share this chapter with you. I apologize for the wait, but I needed this to be perfect. It is extra long as well to make up for the wait. There is a mature scene in here that is marked in here as well. Can't wait to hear what you think! Happy reading xx

-------------------------------------------------------------

There is something to say about love.

How it only takes one look, one touch, one spark that ignites a flame into a lifetime of love.

I had given up on love at one point. When my heart was so broken that with each breath it felt like shards of glass were stabbing my chest. I vowed to never let my heart feel that pain again. To not let a man have my heart.

That was until I met you.

The man that healed my heart and made me want to give it to him.

The day I met you I felt a spark light amongst the debris of my broken heart. It stayed there like a candle flickering a small flame waiting until the right time to ignite a fire in my soul for you. That spark was created in that moment your eyes first found mine and I could not look away for it was a spark I had never felt before with anyone else.

It made me curious. It made me angry that I would break that vow to myself and explore this little flickering flame buried in my heart. But, as you put back the pieces of my heart, that flame never wavered.

They say that the best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.

You ignited my soul as the spark of fire in my heart ignited an eternal flame.

One that burned for you.

------------------------------------------------------

Emilia's eyelids fluttered open slowly, awaking from her deep sleep. She blinked her eyes open a few times to allow them to adjust to the light that peaked through the blinds announcing the start of a new day. Breathing in, she filled her lungs with air as they expanded while at the same time, inhaling a familiar scent next to her.

She turned her head towards the warm body snuggled up against her to find a slumbering Harry peacefully dreaming next to her. His lips were parted slightly making her feel his warm breath tickle her hair. Emilia glanced down to see his arm stretched out across her body. Her finger lightly traced down his bicep toward his hand that was settled on top of her hip. The princess released a content sigh while a beaming smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

Closing her eyes briefly, Emilia relished in the secure feeling of being wrapped in Harry's arms. A feeling she had longed for a while making her want this moment to never end as she envisioned herself waking up next to the handsome prince every morning. A thought that brought a sense of happiness that filled her being. She was content watching Harry sleep so peacefully and she dared not to move to disturb him while she laid still like a statue watching him sleep. Her mind drifted off into her thoughts, replaying the conversation they shared in her mind last night.

Their relationship had not followed the conventional path that most held. Last night was the first time since the start of their official relationship that they had decided to sleep in the same bed. Emilia was quite nervous about the whole thing to be truthful. Harry and Emilia had already been intimate with one another when she was in London for the Invictus Games, something that Emilia did regret to an extent only in the way it came about and her intentions that night. This time she did not want to rush into the physical aspects of a relationship with Harry, but her self control around him seemed to be non existent as she attempted to resist being caught under his spell.