CH. 5 Admit it

Zane watched as his mate and the other two beings talked with each other though true he still didn't know they were of another species he didn't seem afraid of them. which only made his pride for his mate swell even more so in his chest.

"i told you  he'd be worth the wait", Barley said lounging in a seat across the room from him

"silence witch lest he hears you"

Barley raised a brow at that statement, "correct me if i'm wrong Zane, but didn't he already see you about to start a magical fight in his living area?"

his face turned scarlet red an the mention of the memory "cats outta the bag dragon and you'd have to tell him eventually"

"that would have been later after i was sure he could accept me"

he just agreed to be your boyfriend! what else could you need?!", Barley could barely contain the rage building inside her she'd given her friend his mate and better still his mate just seemed to accept him for the dragon he was. if this was how he was going to repay her then she was not  going to stand for his ignorance

she lepta from the seat and made a beeline for the door excusing herself to the kitchen, Zane felt as though he'd done nothing wrong but couldn't help the sudden feeling odd guilt on his shoulders. the feeling didn't last long however he felt Ryan's eyes on him the young boy stood then and sat on the bed next to him.

"Ryan!" Alex screamed, "i just finished explaining to you what he is and you jumped on him!"

"yea but you all so told me I'm his mate meaning i have the right to be near him", Ryan said wrapping his arms and legs around Zane.

"it doesn't matter you have no idea what that means for you if he doesn't take care of you and just uses you"

Zane let a low growl rise in his throat as a warning to the atlantian "i will treat him with honor an love like he deserves guppy"

Alex advanced on him "did you just call me a fucking guppy?"

Zane pulled Ryan from his lap and sat him on the bed behind him "i did what are you going to do about it?"

just before the both of them could start wailing on each other Barley came back into the room with a bag of cheese puffs in hand "oh not this crap again!" she flung her arms and Zane and Alex went back to their seats. as if glued there.

"enough fighting around Ryan boys" ,she said in a sweet sickly voice she saved only for those she planed on killing, "just cause he knows about us doesn't mean you have to show off every chance you get"

"quiet", Marie said jumping to her feet her ears twitching, "your mothers back Ryan", she said matter of factually then sat back down. Alex sniffed the air an grimaced with an unpleasant expression "and drunk"

 just then they heard Ryan's mother stagger into the house drunk and laughing and not far behind her they heard the unmistakable laughter of Jake her boyfriend.

Ryan crawled closer to Zane unsure of why he didn't really believe in this whole mate thing it sounded like some really bad joke to him. but if the guy next to him meant what he said about treating him right then what was the harm in playing along right?

"Ryan?!", his mother called in a slurred voice he cringed. 

"yeah",he answered not much i can do when shes the one getting the checks he thought bitterly 

"come down stairs honey i want to talk to you about something"

Ryan looked around at his friends and saw only concern on the both of them then he looked toward Zane and came up short the bigger boy looked at his door with a stony look  on his face.

when Ryan stood up and went to the door Ryan felt the sleeve of his shirt being pulled back.  

"you don't have to go"

"actually i do if i want to stay here",Ryan said looking at the hand on his sleeve he tugged free of Zane's hold on his shirt and went down the stairs. he found his mother sitting on the couch with her good-for-nothing-boyfriend.

"yes?", he asked looking at his mom she looked completly wasted and still looking at her boyfriend with sparkling eyes.

"sweety we've decided to get married!" Ryan felt his heart stop and slowly felt the world go black then nothing....

A/N: I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPER LATE AN I APLOGIZE THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT IF YOU JUST BE PAITENT!!!!!! 

THANK YOU AND ENJOY! <3 :)