Chapter Three-Annie; Tea Time Talks

A/N Hello my beautiful people!!! Chapter three is finally up, after almost three weeks of tweaking!!! Hope you enjoy, leave me any suggestions in the comments!! 

Terrified didn't explain what I was currently feeling. I had braided and upbraided my hair at least ten times, yet I couldn't stop. It had been years since I was this nervous, the last time being the day I had received a letter from the college I had been dreaming about for years, inside being the response to my application. Of course, I had gotten into Washington University and achieved my degree, but this was something I couldn't afford to mess up...

What was I walking about? 

Oh, yes. Less than twenty-four hours ago, I was offered a job... Not any job, but one here with the patients I loved so much. So, yes, I was freaking out. 

"If you undo that braid again, I'll cut your hair off and make a wig." A playfully irritated voice rang in my ears. 

"Fine, Nat. You show me how it's done. Introduce yourself, I don't care. You are the first patient I have today, pretend we aren't friends. Make it like every other patient I'm going to see today." I rolled my hands and sat back in the brand new chair.

"Hello, Ms. Warner. My name is Natalie Queens, it's nice to meet you." She stuck out her hand and I shook it before she began speaking again. "I'm twenty, I'm an Aquarius-"

"Nat!!! Be serious!!" I whined, causing Nat to roll her eyes and groan at me.

"i'm preparing you!!! These people are insane, Annie. Who knows what will come out of their mouths... Moving on, I've been here since I was 18, and my anniversary for being on level three is coming up in three weeks. I was diagnosed with schizophrenic tendencies at seventeen, but my parents didn't believe the diagnosis until I tried to kill myself to make the voices stop. I spent the first month here sedated most of the time, just so I didn't have to hear them. I spent nine months in level one, the diagnostic and hospital level, but you knew that, then like three in level two, where I was screamed at by a girl and immediately moved out of there to this level to help me recover. I think that girl was really... Like... Crazy, Annie!" Nat didn't stop talking until I cut her off. 

"Jesus, I need something to drink." I sighed. "Thank you, Nat. I really appreciate you helping me and I'll do anything and everything I can to help you. Let's get some tea and actually talk, deal?"

"One sugar, a splash of milk, and a-"

"-Lemon twist. Nat, I love you!" I exclaimed as she handed me the cup of tea before making herself one from the kitchenette in my office. When she had finished, she plopped back down in her chair. 

"So, I know I'm no therapist, but if you ever need to talk to someone, just call. You know where I am." Nat giggled at my statement, and I laughed. "Do you have any, like, goals? I honestly would be spending a lot more time on back stories but I know yours pretty well."

Natalie nodded, sipping her tea before responding. "I want to leave this place someday. I want a home and friends and a fancy car and a boyfriend and a-" She cut herself off, looking down at her mug. 

"What, Nat? C'mon, talk to me." I coaxed, and she slowly lifted her head. 

"Fuck, you're good at this for someone who never had a career in this..." She laughed, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"I hate you." I muttered, rolling my eyes and pulling out my phone. "You're a pain in my ass, Nat. -Shit! Nat, the first group session is in like TEN minutes. I'm going to die." 

She then got her turn to roll her eyes, snorting. 

"You know, they all look up to you already...Just go talk to them like you talk to them in their rooms. Make them feel like humans again, you've always been good at diffusing a person down to the calm and quiet person underneath. They have been forced to remember they are different for years, but today, remind them they are just a person, not a monster,  not a freak."

I nodded, locking my jaw and checking my appearance in the mirror on the back of my door. 

I could do this... 

A/N: Hi loves!! I know this chapter is super short, but be prepared for the next chapter!!! Kellan is sure to bring some important insights to the introductory meeting... Stay tuned, lovelies!!!!