Chapter 4

"There's nothing here. Either you never lived here, or you're an idiot. I'm leaning towards the second one, but there's no evidence against false memory."

"But I did live here, I'll find my family for you."

"I'm not asking you to, but haven't you ever considered that we are looking in the wrong place?" Luca actually looked concerned but it must be my imagination. We have gotten closer over the past few days, but I can't really tell with him, "How about we look in the library for newspapers about murders. There might be a newspaper about your death."

That's actually a good idea. "That's not a good idea, what if they see you talking to me?"

He looked at me and rolled his eyes, "If I really cared what people thought of me, I wouldn't be here with you."

"Alright. Let's go to the library."

At the library

"We're here." Luca strolled up to the librarian slowly, observing the books around him, "Do you have any newspapers on murders that have occurred here?"

"There's not many, but you could check. I'll grab you some." She walked away to grab those, I took this opportunity to talk to Luca, while no one was around.

"I beginning to believe that I didn't get murdered here."

He rolled his eyes, "I think I already told you that."

"No, I figured that out myself."

"Yeah, sure you did."

People were beginning to walk by and stare at Luca, who was talking to me.

"People are staring at you."

"Let them stare. If I really cared, I wouldn't be here right now."

"That makes no sense at all."

"Tell me something you've said that makes sense." 

The librarian returned carrying two small boxes full of newspapers.

"I'm not sure if you wanted kidnappings but I brought them anyway."

"Thank you."

"Let's go back to your car and read them there."

"Good idea, I never would have thought of that."

When will you take me seriously?

At Luca's car

"This one is really recent." I said. After reading many child murders and kidnappings, I found one that looked promising.

He raised an eyebrow and looked over my shoulder, "Child kidnapped. Mr. and Mrs. Portelli, the child's parents in shock. 'We never thought that our son would be kidnapped' a sobbing Mrs. Portelli said. The child was Blair Portelli, about fifteen years old. While we are unsure why Blair was kidnapped, it must be for a good reason. (Underneath the article) Notorious murderer on the loose. He escaped prison, again, and is back looking for people to kill. No one knows exactly his real name, his documents must have been deleted by his hacker accomplice, who has also deleted his records."