Chapter 11

A/N: Ugh I have been playing too much Valorant these past few days.

Also, you guys, your theories are much more better than what I have planned so I'm kind of scared that you all will be disappointed when we get to the climax of the story LOL.

~o~oOo~o~

"Mom!" Sykkuno gasps out happily as both he and Toast finally arrived at their home.

"Sykkuno, I am so glad to have you both home." their Mom said hugging Sykkuno back not even minding the extra weight that was being placed upon her. She glanced at Toast who is standing behind Sykkuno "Let me hug you too Toast or I swear to God I will cut off your allowance young man!"

Toast just fondly rolled his eyes before joining the hug grumbling slightly as their Mom patted his back a little too hard "I am so glad to have you both home..." their Mom said breaking the hug, looking directly at both of them "I am so sorry I wasn't able to celebrate Christmas with you two, work has really been tough for me."

Sykkuno shakes his head, smiling as he did "It's okay Mom, I'm just glad to be here now!"

"I know you are..." their Mom softly said "Now you two better go and place your things in your room, don't worry I already had someone clean it out."

Sykkuno just nodded before grabbing his bag, "I'll go ahead!" he said "I want to shower first before doing anything..." and with that they both watch as Sykkuno went upstairs, leaving them both by the door.

"Mom..." Toast started "How is it going?" he asked "I mean with the court summon and everything..."

Toast looked at their Mom who just sigh heavily "Like I have told you over the phone, everything is still messy. I can't exactly give you the details yet but..." she looked at Toast who suddenly looked alarm "They let her go. For the meantime at least... she made a pretty clever plead with the Judge."

Toast could held back his surprise "They just let her go? Just like that!?"

Their Mom looked at him "Keep you voice down Toast, I don't want Sykkuno to hear you." She said "And yes, like I have told you she made a great plead. Though I am not that surprise that they let her go temporarily, given her situation..."

Toast clicked his tongue, in obvious annoyance "We should have not come here..." he mumbled out though he is sure his Mom could hear it loud and clear

"As long as she doesn't make contact with Sykkuno... then everything will be fine Toast." She said "And... I am sure that maybe... there is a chance that she wouldn't even remember him."

Toast looked at his Mom "But... what if?" he quietly asked "If she did... years of hiding the truth from Sykkuno will be wasted..."

"We will not let that happen Toast." She said, confident and determined "For the sake of your brother... you will watch him for me right...? For your Dad?"

Toast softly smiled at her "Of course I will Mom..."

After all, that is what he has been doing for years now.

~o~oOo~o~

Spending the New year has been eventful, in Sykkuno's opinion. After all it is so much fun and memorable if the three of them are all together.

New year has passed and as much as Sykkuno would have wanted to greet the new year with happy thoughts and memories, it is unfortunate that after the 1st day of the year, the 2nd will always be about reminiscing and unspoken memories and thoughts.

After all, January 2nd is their Dad's death anniversary.

"Do you think I should bring Dad sunflowers?" Sykkuno asked as he and Toast made their way towards their Dad's graveyard, just a couple miles away from where they lived.