09

"i told you to study before the subject comes up"

"if you hadn't been too obvious awhile ago, this wouldn't have happened"

"i said it wasn't my fault, mingyu keep bothering me for answers, he's annoying"

"why me?!"

and there goes the non-stop bickering, it is always the usual, what's new is that if they didn't do that on their daily basis. they just finished the subject where they get to have a 100-item quiz, and obviously, it didn't end well—atleast not for all of them.

chan run his hand through his hair and layed on his back to relieve himself from the stress he got from awhile ago.

"why don't you just go get your food and stuff those mouth of yours and stay silent even just for a while" wonwoo said, catching the attention of the four who're still not finish with their arguement.

it was already the last minute, but mingyu, obviously, hasn't filled his answer sheet yet, and jeonghan being beside him, he kept bother the latter making him get mad for a little and he raised his voice awhile ago which catches the attention of our professor. they we're almost caught cheating, and as always, mingyu's fault.

their table suddenly became silent as soon as the four went on, all you can hear was the rumbling sound from the aircondition, where set above them making them freeze from the coldness, and other student's chattering. but for chan, that was already the sound of peaceful, its way better than his friends bickering all the time.

chan took out his lunchbox and as if on cue, his friends returned with their own trays. chan nudge on kwan who's staring blankly at the reveiwer, kwan quickly diverted his gaze towards the younger. chan signaled him that they should eat lunch already, kwan nodded and took out his lunchbox too.

"so, how was it going with cheol hyung?" kwan asked in the middle of their eating. chan raised both of his shoulders as he shoved a spoonful into his mouth.

"nothing much, we're going out later by the way" kwan made an o-shape with his mouth and took a bite on his food.

"you really sure you don't like him?" chan wasn't really ready for his question, even if kwan questioned him about it for millionth times but chan still panics whenever this question came up.

for all he know, he's straight. straight he is, but he's havung this thought about him, keeping seungcheol all for himself and for his self only. seemingly straight.

"HAH! gotchu- you like him" kwan said, he was observing the latter and it looks like chan have dive deep into his thoughts and with kwan's voice, it was like he has been caught doing something he shouldn't be doing.

"ofcourse no" chan replied, furrowing his brows, and took a scoop of rice in his lunchbox, trying to avoid the latter.

"don't make excuses with me, lee chan, i know for pete's sake" he added as if he was really sure that chan is lying, and ofcourse, being in-denial with his sexuality and all.

"and oh- don't use me that im-straight-card because we both know, you already know the answer" he said as he raised his spoon and swirling it, like how you do with a wand when granting a wish.

with that, chan suddenly questioned himself, and tried to think about it. is he really being in-denial? or he just don't want to admit that he's gay because he's scared to lose his friendship with cheol? or he's just still discovering himself? chan was sure that it was the third one, afterall, everybody went through a phase like him, it's not really a big issue, right?

----------------------------------------------

y'all! just gonna promote my verkwan one-shot au that i published on AO3 (https://archiveofourown.org/works/30483093) here's the link btw. hope y'all could check it out, THANK YOU!

 hope y'all could check it out, THANK YOU!