Raguel sighed softly. “Michael carries way too much load on his shoulder. I just wish he could share some of it.”

“I'm sure he’ll come around,” Samael said.

 “I hope so.”  

“Don't push him. Just let him tell you when he is ready,” Samael said softly. 

“I’ll try,” Raguel said as he rested his lower back on the sofa and focused on the television. 

                             ***

 Michael stood outside the residence after he returned from the field. His mind was still preoccupied with so many things.

He heard the front door click open. He expected to see Raguel, but it was Ariel who was standing outside. 

“Hi, Uncle Michael,” Ariel said with a smile.

“Hi,” Michael replied with a smile.

“You didn’t show up for breakfast,” Ariel said.

“Yes. I went to the field earlier on.”  

“Okay.”

“Where is Grey?” Michael asked.

 “Inside, talking with his mom,” Ariel replied. 

“I want to ask you something,” Michael said. 

“Sure,” Ariel replied. 

Michael opened his mouth to ask a question but shut it when he was unable to find the right words. “Forget about it,” he finally said. 

“What? No way,” Ariel said. “I’ll wait here till you ask your question.”  

“You’re just like your father. You are not going to let this slide, are you?” Michael asked. 

“Nope,” Ariel started with a smile 

“Okay,” Michael said as he tried to compose the question in his head. “How do you feel when Grey touches you? Touches your hand?” Michael quickly clarified. 

Ariel smiled at her uncle. “Why do you want to know?” she asked. 

 Michael shrugged.

“A simple touch from Grey lights up my entire world. Physical contact among soulmates is very special,” Ariel explained. “I can't stay for an hour without needing to be close to Grey.” 

Michael nodded his head in understanding. “Thanks.”

“Welcome. I hope I was able to help clarify anything you are thinking about,” Ariel said. 

“Yes,” Michael replied. 

“I’ll be inside,” Ariel stated as she left her uncle standing alone.

Michael would have asked Raguel the question instead of Ariel, but he knew Raguel was too clever. He would simply know that there was a considerable motive behind him asking the question. 

“Ariel's reply confused me the most. Jessie isn’t my soulmate. I don't even have one. Why did touching her stir something in me? I just don't get it. I'm positive I am just paranoid. It didn’t mean anything,” Michael tried to convince himself. 

Michael didn’t want to waste any more time standing outside. He opened the front door and entered the house. When he entered the residence, he settled down on the couch.  Fortunately, nobody was in the living room.

He closed his eyes, attempting to compose himself when he felt the couch press down. His eyes opened, and he saw his friend sitting next to him.

“Hey,” Michael said with a smile.

“Hey yourself,” Raguel said. “Where have you been?”

“Out in the field,” Michael replied.

“You should’ve told me you were going there, even though you don’t want to tell me what’s going on with you.”

“I know, and I'm sorry.” 

“Better be,” Raguel said, smiling.

“Where’s Elena?” Michael asked.

“She’s with her Mom,” Raguel said. “You skipped breakfast. Are you hungry?”  

Michael turned and looked at his friend as if he had grown two heads. “Really? Living on Earth has made you forget that we are angels, and we don't need food to survive.” 

“Yes, that’s true. It's something that we’re used to now.  Though Elena and her mother make sure we eat even when they know we don't need it." 

 Michael smiled. “That's what family’s all about.” 

“Yes,” Raguel agreed. 

“I'm glad I stayed back after the war,” Michael said.

“Me too.”

Raguel leaned in and hugged Michael, who returned the embrace. They held onto each other tightly. He was so happy he had Raguel as a friend. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the comfort of his friend.

“Bonding time? How cute!” Elena joined them in the hug.

“Hey, babe,” Raguel said, pulling out of the hug to kiss Elena.

“You guys better not start,” Michael said as he straightened up. 

“Start what?” Elena asked. 

“You know what I'm talking about,” Michael said.

“No, I don't,” Elena said in an amused tone.

“Are you talking about this?” Raguel leaned down and planted a long kiss on Elena's lips.

“You guys are so silly,” Michael said as he laughed. He stood up from the chair and was about to leave them.

“Hey, where are you going?” Elena asked. 

“Really? I should sit here and watch you snog my friend?” Michael said with another laugh.

“I didn’t say that,” Elena said with a smile. “Let go of me, Raguel.” 

“No,” Raguel said as he continued to kiss her. He didn't mind the company they had.

Elena leaned down and whispered something to Raguel, making his face light up. 

“Really?” Raguel asked.

“Yes. Now let go of me,” Elena said with a smile.

Raguel wasted no time as he unwrapped his arms from around Elena. He leaned in and kissed her cheek softly before he left the room. 

“Whatever you told him must be good. I know Raguel doesn’t like leaving you alone.”  

“Yes, it's good,” Elena said with a smile. “Do you want to know what I told him?”

“No! Michael yelled. “Keep that information to yourself.”

Elena burst into laughter, seeing Michael's reaction. “Come on; let me make you something to eat,” she said, pulling him to the kitchen.

Michael didn’t protest; he just followed her lead to the kitchen.