𝟒. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

Start from the beginning

"Bye," Shalnark waves, taking a bite of a crisp green apple. "Also, Y/N. Look out for me at the ball. I might have to sneak through to find the mafia boss."

"Ooh. Fun." I do jazz hands jokingly and laugh, waving back to him. 

All three of us pile into a limo that Kalluto had found. He was driving it, and Illumi sat next to me in a tuxedo. 

"Oh, by the way," Kalluto says for Illumi, who is polishing his pins, "we need you, Y/N, to pose as Illumi's daughter." 

"I- is this what you meant by you needed help on your mission?" I ask.

Illumi looks over at me and nods.   

"Wow. I feel betrayed." I put a hand over my heart. "So you, Kalluto, and Shalnark were going to go to the ball, and you didn't tell me?"

"We just told you." Illumi cocks his head a little to the side. 

"That's not what I meant." I slump my head to the side, banging it lightly against the wall of the limo. 

"Okay. Also, I need you to wear this crown so I can spot you in the crowd. In case I need your persuasion with the target." 

"Persuasion for what?"

"You're very persuasive," Kalluto informs me. 

"Aww, thank you." 

"Just put the crown on." Illumi shoves it in my direction. I blow a raspberry at him but put the crown on.

We arrive at the ball in a few minutes. A guard outside comes up and opens the door for us. Me and Illumi pile out. I hold my skirt up so it doesn't brush the dirt of the street. Once I step on the red carpet, I let go of the mesh and start walking up. Illumi is right beside me. 

The magnificent oak door opens to us, and we walk inside. Thousands of people are mingling together, drinking champagne and socialising. I frown. 

"Do you think I could ask for Sprite?" I lean over and whisper to Illumi.

"You could. But that would embarrass you and they probably don't have it," he says monotonously back to me. 

"Speaking of embarrassing," I start off. "Wanna tell me why you said I needed to get railed soon?"

Illumi doesn't bat an eyelash. "You're uptight."

I roll my eyes. "Says you. Uptight is your only characteristic." I pat his arm, and then start walking away. The crown on my head is heavy, but I guess it's the price to pay for braiding Illumi's long, luscious hair. I really need to ask what shampoo and conditioner he uses. Then, I come running back. "Do you think I could have champagne?"

Illumi looks down at me. "Can you handle it?"

"Yes!"

"One glass is all you can have."

"I love you so much, don't tell Chrollo, thank you!" I say in one big rush, patting his arm again before walking elegantly away, in search of the waiters patrolling the ballroom.