Shim Jaehyun - Thank you

Start from the beginning

" I'm highly sure. "

Author's POV 

Months passed, Y/n and Jake finally got used to live together while Jake was getting to know Layla.

Jake also knew that Y/n was a chef in a fancy restaurant and most of the times she's not in the apartment for a whole day as he goes to work early, and she'll be home at late night hours.

So Jake got to spend his time mostly on Layla just to remember him and the dog got slowly used to him and became very fond of him.

Layla became a very happy dog as she has good owners surrounding her.

One day, Y/n asked her boss if she could have her leave since she's badly sick. Her boss let her to take her leave since Y/n is very attentive and her working attendance is really good.

While at her apartment, she was watching TV while Layla was with her, somewhat begging Y/n to hug her.

" I can't Layla. I'm sick and I need to recover. "

Then Layla helped Y/n to be more comfortable as the dog climbed up on the sofa and laid it's head on Y/n's thighs, making a small whimper as she heard that her owner is sick.

*KNOCK ! KNOCK !

" Someone's knocking...I wonder who is it--ACHOOO !"

Layla quickly ran to the door, wanting to open it.

" Oh, Jake. You're here... "

" Y/n? I thought you have work. "

" I asked for a leave when I woke up having a bad cold and a fever. How 'bout you ? I woke up and you're not here so I thought you went to your work."

" My boss also gave me a day to rest because it's really an important event between them and the other international engineers. As in, it's really a special one. "

" Oh...okay. What food you want to eat? I'll cook it for you."

" No, Y/n. I'll cook some food for us. You're sick. I don't want you to become more weak. Layla and me will be sad."

Bark!!

" It seems that Layla agreed to the true owner. Plus, she seemed to be very comfortable with you now...that's good. "

" Why? "

" Nothing. I just asked. "

After a few minutes...

" Here's your beef soup, Y/n. If you want anything, just tell it to me."

" No, I'm fine. Thanks a lot, Jake."

" Okay, while you eat your soup there...I will wipe your face and arms." Jake said as he squeezed a clean, damp, and warm towel for Y/n to use.

As Y/n was sipping a bit of the soup, Jake was wiping her forehead to her cheeks.

" I didn't know that you have soft cheeks, Y/n."

" Aisshhh ! Stop with that. I don't, okay?"

" Okay... "

" By the way, Jake...I'm leaving in Seoul next week. I'm going to Busan."

" H-Huh ? Why ? Is there something wrong with me ?7 With Layla ? Or your work?" Jake said as he put the towel on a basin.

" None of the above. It's just...Layla's your dog and not mine. You're the true owner. Plus, some people are making rumors about us living together. So I think it's better for me to just go back to my hometown...and don't worry about me! I can take care of myself. "

" Y/n... "

A week passed, Y/n finally recovered from illness and prepared her things as she's about to leave the building when she said something to Jake.

" Jake, thank you for everything. And now Layla finally knew her true owner, I think it's time for me to go...you became a part of my life. Thank you so much."

Layla went to Y/n as the dog was loudly whimpering and crying, begging her not to leave.

" Layla...I have to go now...we have no choice."

" Y/n, are you gonna leave me ? Layla ? You'll leave us? But what can we do? I can't stop you. It's your decision so I'll respect it. Y/n...I-I...I...nevermind. Goodbye and be safe on your journey."

But Layla pushed Y/n close to Jake and when she barked to Jake, she looks like talking to him that he must do it before Y/n leaves.

Then Layla pushed Y/n again to him and they're pretty close to each other.

" Uhh...Layla. I need to go now. Jake has said goodbye to m-- "

She was cutted off when Jake cupped her cheeks and planted a sweet farewell kiss on her lips.

" I love you, Y/n. Be safe and goodbye. "