A crunch of boots had you on your feet in an instant.

You heard Netherspeak from behind you, a clear sign that Piglins were close by. The grunts and squeals coming from their throats sent you running to the opposite direction, hoping that you would be able to find some salvation in this alien world.

Staying close to the walls of the Nether, the cries of otherworldly beings echoed powerfully through the cavern-like environment. It made you wish to go back to the Overworld, where death surely awaited you there as well.

After the whispers of Netherspeak were gone did you find yourself at a large wall of dark red brick. It was as if someone had ground blood and ash together to form the wall that was blocking your way to who knows where.

Looking up, your mouth hung open.

It was a castle, built over the lakes of lava with a terrifying show of dominance. You could hear thick Netherspeak over the walls, and you knew that if you wanted to get farther away from the portal, you'd need to go over. You closed your eyes and entered complete darkness as you moved you fingers, opening them and leaping onto the wall. Your hand clenched onto the uneven bricks that proved to be your ticket to the top of the wall. With a slow pace, you could feel your fingers tingle with pain, wishing to have a break already. The burn on your arm didn't seem to be doing too well, blisters oozed blood and serum along your skin.

Embers from the lava flew up into the air, floating around you as you made your way closer to the top. The Netherspeak was getting louder, but you could also make out some of your own language in the vicinity as well. Ignoring the cries that echoed in the nether and shifting your foot to find a secure place, you hoisted yourself up just a little more, but your food holder broke off and forced you to rely on your upper body strength.

Your hands were slipping as fear gripped your throat, your feet failing to find another spot to latch onto; dragging across the wall. Your head peered over your shoulder to see that the drop would prove fatal if you gave up now, no doubt your bones would shatter like glass on a stone floor. You moved your head back to look at the top, only a few feet before you reached the top.

You closed your eyes, tongue running across your lip as you foot finally found the hold your arms so desperately needed, and launched yourself up.

You seemed to put a little too much power in your legs as you went over the railing and right onto the path of the top, Piglin and rich Nobles stopping their business to look at you with curious and murderous looks. You chuckled, feeling the stares of many as the embarrassment flooded to your cheeks and tips of your ears.

"I'll make like a tree and leaf." You said before scampering off, a few Piglins adorned in gold armour chasing after you. The crown attached to your hip bounced as you ran once again, cursing in your mind to take a well-deserved break from running after you get away.

Piglins squealed and shrieked as you ran through them, their boots almost stomping on your toes a couple times. Their height compared to you was something you couldn't focus on for too long because unlike the imperial guard, the Piglins were much faster. They didn't wear fancy clothes like the men in the overworld. No, each piece was formed so that they had the maximum movement in battle, while protecting vitals. These Piglins were war people after all, they were trained from birth to handle the dangerous mobs in the Nether.

You made a turn that lead you into the castle, and with the sound of boots closely following you, there was no other choice but forwards. You launched yourself down a staircase and onto another level of hallways, hearing the Piglins speak to each other to split up and find what hallway you took. You chuckled as your eyes spotted another staircase, haistily making your way down them too.

Your chest was sore from all the heavy breathing you've done, ribs threatening to crack under pressure, but the adrenaline jumbled it all together to a buzz in your mind. Your only focus was to get out of here, and continue your way through the Nether.

You ended up tripping over someone.

Your endless thoughts were abruptly halted as you crashed into the floor, the person you tripped over grunting with the collision. You couldn't help but assist the poor person up from the ground and quickly examining them, black and red hoodie blending with the red and yellows of the Nether. His outfit was comfortable yet efficient and hid most of his build, but his eyes were some of the kindness you've ever seen. He had a tail, just like Ranboo, but it was pointed like an arrow rather then the fluff your monochrome friend had. He held your arm for balance as he stood, chuckling as he opened his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by the Piglins Netherspeak.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me." Was all you had time to say before you shook off his hand and continued to flee. You mentally cursed to yourself to watch where you were going, for you were always getting into trouble when you really didn't want to.

Peeping your head out a window, you pondered jumping and seeing if you could still run, but the height was still concerning. Not much time was decided before you fit your body through the frame, preparing your heart to jump.

You watched as some chunks crumbled at your feet and fell, feigning into specks of dust once it reached the bottom. The sound of boots were gaining so you closed your eyes and fell.

You didn't fall for more than a second before someone caught your ankle, pulling you up through the frame of the window and dragging you onto the floor. There had to be three Piglins all looking at with with scrunched red eyes, laughing at you and speaking to you in their language. You huffed, feeling the rope rub against your wrists as they were bound behind your back. Their calloused hands gripped your burn on your arm, and you growled as you felt the vesicles burst under his grip. If it wasn't for the adrenalin still in your body, you knew the pain would be too much.

"Look at how fire makes girl skin turn." Yellowed fangs moved as the Piglins chuckled, taking you to an unknown destination. The one who spoke clearly wasn't accustomed to your language, and you had no doubt that he was mocking you with the insult. Their faces weren't covered in bone like the few you've seen in the Overworld, and rather they showed their scars without hiding them here. Perhaps it was a custom they had here.

You didn't dare ask them though.

Their hands were rough as they traversed through the fortress, leading you further down until you recognized a place you were guaranteed to be at lest some point in your life.

A cell.

The Piglins showed no mercy as they threw you into the prison, causing you to stumble a little farther than you normally would. Anger blazed in your eyes as you whipped around to look at the three, particularly the larger Piglin standing between the two smaller ones. He had a scar run across his nose, ending under both of his eyes. But that's not what caught your attention. Rather, a large wart was placed on his upper jaw that was a distinct and unpleasing green on his skin.

"You are going to explain to the Blood God how you got here, you will die, for he is....ruthless." The Piglin struggled to speak your language, quickly muttering something to his comrades and causing them to chuckle. You could feel the annoyance in his mockery, watching as he slammed the cell door close, metal bars cold on your burning skin. You began to feel the throb on your arm as the adranaline began to flush its way out of you.

"I sure hope he knows how to speak my tongue better than your piggy lips can." You snarled back, arms struggling against the bindings behind you. Oh how you wished to reach your arms though the bars and smash the Piglins head in, maybe you would even break his tusk annoyingly protruding from his lip. Wart, that is what you decided to call him, smashed the bars with the hilt of his sword, causing a sickening ring to echo through the halls. His red eyes flashed with anger, but without anymore words shared, he and his goons left.

Now you could wallow in pain alone.