Chapter 4- Brandon

"I like girls with big brass. It's too bad yours is so small." Kristen smacked my arm as I laughed.

"That's not even funny." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh? What if I told a different one? I bet it'll make you laugh." She could never resist a challenge.

"Or not." She grinned.

"I wanna stick my reed in your mouthpiece." I smirked.

"Lame." She replied.

"Oh really? Let's see you use a good one!" Let's see her fail.

"My embouchure is good for more than just playing the trumpet, if you know what I mean." She smirked. Damn.

"Are you a trumpet player? Because you sure are makin' me horny!" She rolled her eyes.

"What's your uniform number? Because I would love to get into those pants." I was about to admit my defeat when...

"I'm so French horny for your tromboner!" We turned and stared bewildered at the brunette TA. She sat at the fold up table calmly fixing the orchestra music on the far side of the room. "What?"

"That was just... Ugh." Kristen said, laying her face onto her palm.

"Oh come on Krisdon!" She smiled. "Was it not good enough?"

"No! Wait... Are you shipping us?" My eyes widened as I faced the dreaded trumpet chick.

"Well duh! You two are perfect!" Kristen turned, a fiery spark in her eyes.

"No way! Him? With me? Hell no! He is way too arrogant!" She growled, crossing her arms.

"It's not like I would want to be with you either! God you can be so bitchy sometimes." I yelled at the green eyed girl.

"You did not just say that!" She shot back.

"Uhm guys..." A small voice attempted to intervene.

"I did! You are a bitch sometimes and it's so fucking annoying!" I admitted.

"Stop fighting!" I looked to my left to see Paige sitting down with her knees to her chest, trembling. "Please..."

"Oh my, Paige. It's ok. We're so sorry for fighting." I watched as her face softened, making her look almost.... Cute.

"Yeah, sorry." I mumbled, looking down at my black converse.

"Are you ok?" Kristen walked over to the guard member.

"I-I'm fine. I j-just really don't l-like fighting." She squeezed her knees in tighter, hiding most of her face from us.

"Are you sure? You know that you could tell us anything." She sat down next to Paige, laying her hand on her arm.

"No, no! It's nothing... You don't need to worry about me."

"Please, Paige. Just tell us so that we don't upset you again." Kristen pleaded.

The ginger girl took a deep breath. "My parents recently got divorced because they were always fighting... I don't want you two to break up either."

Kristen didn't say a word as she hugged the now crying girl. Moments later, the ginger broke her grasp from her jeans and wrapped her arms around the calm brunette, burying her face into her black band shirt. I noticed that the cloth quickly became wet from tears.

"Go for it." I heard a whisper in my ear. I turned to see the obnoxious girl grinning from ear to ear. "Just do it already."

"No, they're having such a sappy moment. I wouldn't want to ruin that." I hoped that would get her off of my back.

"Do it or I will tell everyone about that one time." She glared at me. Damn her.

"Ugh fine." I knelt down and awkwardly laid my arm on Paige's shoulder. I fell back onto my behind as the emotional girl turned and aggressively hugged her arms around my neck. Minutes passed until I finally returned the hug and comforted the poor freshman.

"It's ok, it's going to be fine." I muttered softly, petting her wavy red hair. She soon stopped her crying, only sniffling every few minutes. Looking up, I noticed Kristen watching us silently with a small smile decorating her tanned face. Ignoring her, I tightened my hold and laid my head against her.

"I'm sorry that you had to see that." Paige said as she sat up and wiped any remaining tears away.

"No, don't be sorry at all! We wanted you to tell us and I personally am glad to know that I helped to comfort you when you needed it." I said, holding her arms at her sides. "And I will always be here when needed. Okay? So don't feel sorry for wanting moral support."

"Okay... Thank you." She smiled. "I'll be sure to come to either of you next time this happens."

"You better." Kristen grinned and gave the redhead a quick hug. She soon ran off to colorguard practice, leaving us alone.

"You would think Dana would still be here." She admitted, looking around the room.

"I'm with you on that." I agreed. "So..."

"So what?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well Dana is shipping us together. Don't you know what that means?"

"Absolutely nothing?"

"Don't you remember the last couple that she started shipping? They eventually got together and are in love now!" I explained.

"Of yeah! And didn't she ship Savannah and Gordon? I heard they're already talking about kids." Her eyes widened as the realization hit her.

"Now do you see our predicament?"

"And what do you propose that we do about it?" She asked.

"You won't like it but... The only way to know is to actually date."

"What?" She deadpanned.

"Let's date. If we aren't in love by the end of the year, then we break up." I said slowly.

"Ok, fine." She sighed. "So how are we going to do this?"

"The old fashioned way. Are you free on Friday night?" I grinned.