Chapter 9- Dana

"I'm mad at you." I plopped down next to Luke. Turning to Noah, I said "And good job flutey-patootey!"

"Uhm thanks." The blond replied.

"You're very welcome." I smiled. "So how did he ask you out?"

"Well..." He blushed a deep red and looked up at his boy toy. "It was a bit sudden but very heartfelt and caring."

Luke laughed "To think I was going-"

"What exactly did he say?" I interrupted him.

"What's with you?" Kristen said as she walked over.

"Dana is pissed at me because I didn't tell her as soon as we got together." Luke sighed.

"When did you tell her?" Kristen asked.

"The minute after." Luke rolled his eyes.

"A minute and forty-two seconds!" I defended myself.

"That's still a little harsh to be mad at him for being only a minute late." Kristen objected.

"Ugh fine." I crossed my arms and hmph'd to myself.

"It's ok Dana." Noah smiled and hugged Luke's arm to him. "We were just a bit to busy looking through all of your texts."

"Texts?" Kristen questioned. Luke pulled out his phone and showed her the hundreds of texts I had sent him, all reading Did you ask him yet? She turned to me, "Really?"

"What?" My voice rose. "I really wanted to know!"

"We know you did." Noah laughed. Turning to the trumpet player, he said "Anyways, how are you and Brandon?"

"Oh, we're good. Both of us are still getting used to this though." She blushed.

"You two are so cute." I smiled.

"Yeah, he's been a real gentleman lately. Holding doors open for me, giving me space when I need it, even giving me flowers on our first date." She smiled.

"That's wonderful!" Noah smiled. "Isn't it, Luke?" He looked up at the raven black haired boy who nodded.

"Yeah, it is." He said, grinning as he looked down at his blonde.

"It's good to see you two finally together though." Kristen laughed. "It's only been two years."

"Two years? It's been that long?" Noah jested. "It feels like it was only yesterday that he first talked to me."

"Oh yeah, I remember when Luke told me about that! Didn't you think you were straight back then?" I inquired.

"Well kind of... It was just I couldn't accept that I was gay at that time." He explained. "I was trying so hard to fit in, that I was miserable."

"And no matter how many girls you went out with, they were all black haired and blue eyes." Kristen's laughed.

"What can I say? I love me some black haired and blue eyed people." He looked back up at the silent teen. "If it wasn't for my dear, I would still be breaking girls' hearts."

"Thank goodness." Luke muttered as he held his boyfriend's hand, rubbing his smooth skin with his thumb. With his other hand, he turned the blonde head towards him and softly kissed the soft lips that had enticed him more than once before. Noah smiled and curled up closer to the boy.

"Awww that's so cute. I wish Brandon was like that sometimes." The trumpet girl pouted.

"Where is Brandon anyways?" I asked.

"I don't know. He only told me that he had important things to do." She shrugged.

"But what if he's doing something he shouldn't do? Like joining a gang or doing drugs!" I exclaimed.

"He would never do any of those things." She chuckled.

"You don't know that! For all we know, he could be on a date with someone else!" I watched as worry ran across her face.

"He wouldn't... Would he?" She looked around nervously. I glanced to my right to see the other two a bit too busy with each other to notice us.

"You never know, it is Brandon after all. You know how popular he is with the ladies."

"That doesn't mean he would cheat on me..." She bit her lower lip.

"I don't know Kristen, but I would keep an eye on him." I chorused and skipped away.

A few feet away, I was able to faintly hear her mutter "Never..."