4: REWIND THE TIME

Start from the beginning

Just like Hyejung's ring, it vibrated and as if there's an earthquake, Yunho's room was shaking violently. He fell from his seat and one of the books on the shelf fell onto his head. "What the hell?" He covered his head and crawled under the table to shelter himself.

When the ring stopped vibrating and vanished like a dust into the air, his room stopped shaking too. Slowly, Yunho opened his eyes to check if it's fine for him to crawl out from under the table.

"Is there an earthquake?" He marched towards the door and opened it. "Mom! Dad! Are you okay?" he shouted.

"Good gracious, Yunho! You scared us!" His mother jumped a bit at his sudden shout.

"There's an earthquake just now! Is noona okay?"

"What do you mean by earthquake?! You caused an earthquake inside my head just now!" his father yelled at him.

"Are you going crazy now that you're divorced?" Yuna came from the kitchen with a mug of hot tea in her hand; she snickered at him.

"Go back to sleep!" his mother shouted back at him.

"What's this? Am I the only one who feels it?" Yunho went back inside his room and took a seat on his bed. "Am I hallucinating?"

He laid on his bed and looked at the ceiling. "I better go to sleep. I might be too tired."

With that, he fell into a deep slumber not realising that his and Hyejung's soul had travelled back the time; a miracle that will soon change his life depending on the choice that he will make.

"Uh, my head—" Yunho woke up as his eyes were dazzled by the morning sunlight that passed through the window. "Did I drink too much?" he rubbed his temple and climbed out of the bed.

The smell of rolled eggs brought him to the kitchen. There, he saw his mother was preparing breakfast while humming to a retro song. "Mom, do you have anything spicy?" he asked as he took a look at the food that was served on the table.

"Why do you want to eat something spicy in the morning?" his mother asked.

Yunho scratched his head and checked the cupboard to see if there's any spicy ramyun inside. When he found one, he took it out and checked the expired date.

"Huh? Mom, why would you still keep this? It's already expired 12 years ago."

"What are you talking about?" his mother took the pack of ramyun from him and checked the expired date. "There's still 6 months left until it expired. Stop disturbing me and go and eat the food!" She shoved the pack of ramyun back at him.

Yunho cocked his brow and checked again the expired date. It clearly showed that it was already expired. "Mom, check this again. It's already expi—"

"I said stop disturbing me and eat this!" his mother shoved a piece of rolled egg into his mouth to stop him from talking.

"Mom, did you dye your hair? Why did you look young?" He just noticed that her hair looked darker instead of greyish and there's less wrinkles on her face. "I guess noona bought you an expensive skin care product. You look younger overnight. I swear there's a lot of wrinkles under your eyes last night," he chuckled.

His mother turned around to face him and placed her hands on her hip. "Are you not done yet?"

"Good morning!" Yuna greeted as she entered the kitchen with a bright looking face.

"My dear daughter. You look so beautiful!" Yunho's mother shifted her attention towards Yuna and beamed at her. "Are you ready for your first job?"

Yuna nodded and twirled around to show her working attire. "How's my clothes? Yunho, what do you think?"

Yunho looked at his older sister and creased his forehead. "Why are you wearing that kind of clothes? That's so old fashion. I know you're already 36 years old but you should follow the trend," he commented.

"What on earth are you talking about, Jeong Yunho. I'm 24 for god sake and this is the trendiest fashion. Wait, why did I bother asking you when you don't even know about fashion." She curled her lips.

"Did you wear a hair extension? Didn't you just cut your hair?" he asked.

"Yunho, why are you talking nonsense since you wake up? Did university bother you too much?" her mother asked as she folded her hands across her chest. She felt weird when her son kept on asking weird questions.

"University? What are you talking about? I already—" At that moment, his eyes caught his own reflection in the nearby mirror that was hung on the wall. "What the—" He walked closer towards the mirror while touching his face and hair.

"My hair...is blue?" He remembered that he onced coloured his hair blue 12 years ago when he first entered the university. "Did I do this when I'm drunk?" He turned around and both his mother and older sister were looking at him weirdly.

He hastened out of the kitchen and accidentally bumped onto his father who was about to enter the kitchen. "Watch where you walk!" he scolded him.

Yunho's eyes widened when he saw his father's hair was all black — his hair was supposed to be grey. Just then he noticed that the furniture inside his house looked older than it should be, especially the television which as far as he remembered his parents bought a new 60 inch smart tv instead of this thick and old looking television.

He went inside his room and scanned around. "It is still the same except—" His eyes stopped at his study table. There's no frame of picture of him and Hyejung. What's shocking him more was that the year of the calendar which was on his table — it was 2008.

"Am I dreaming?" He went back to the kitchen where his family were eating their breakfast.

"Are you not done yet?" his mother asked.

"What is the date today?" Yunho asked.

"It's 9 May 2008. Why the hell did you keep talking weirdly?" Yuna looked at her younger brother with a quizzical look.

"I must be dreaming," Yunho mumbled.

"Then, wake up you brat!" His father slapped the back of his head. "Go and get ready before you're late to class!"

Yunho looked outside the window of the kitchen, it was indeed spring like what his sister said. "Mom, dad, noona—" He turned around to face them. "I think I came from the future."