Part 24 - Nationals Part 1

Enjoy!

"I'm so sorry." I bow in front of a tall girls who Noya almost fell on. Face first at the boobs too - little perv.

"It's ok! It was an accident." She eases and I nod thankfully.  "Are you ok?" She turns to Noya and nods. 

"Kanoka?!" Tanaka walks up beside Noya and I and the girl - Kanoka's eyes widen.

"Ryu-c-Chan!?" Kanoka blushes back and the pair exchange their greetings.

"How do you know this cutie Tanaka?" Noya asks slyly. Nudging Tanaka with his elbow.

"We were friends before junior high." He explains.

I look behind me and see Kiyoko a girl who looks like an idol but has a simple face and in front of me is another beautiful girl who is tall and athletically built.  Put the three of us in a line up and I would be the last girl Tanaka would pick. 

"Oh! This is Y/N Ukai, she's one of our managers." Tanaka says and I turn to the girl and shake her hand politely.

"Nice to meet you Kanoka-san." I bow as she does the same.

"You too Ukai-san." She smiles back.

"Well it was nice meeting you but I need to help the guys get their stuff ready." I smile and wave goodbye.  I walk up to the other guys and Hinata's panicking.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I have the wrong bag! I don't have shoes!" He panics digging through the bag as the boys look at him in a slight panic as well. I look in the bag and pull out a phone.

"Relax we can call the owner of the bag and see if they took yours." I say. I dial the number and the woman asperse the phone and tells me she will be waiting at the station. 

"I can run and grab the bag from the station." Kiyoko says and I nod.

"Good luck I'll be down with the guys." I say and she nods and runs out. "Don't worry Hinata. Kiyoko can run." I calm him and he nods.

================================================================================

"C'mon Kiyoko." I plead to myself as I help the boys practice. Tanaka comes up t me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be fine." He smiles before running off to Noya. Tanaka and I have a mutual understanding that we are just friends right now until I'm readying he promised he'd wait for me. He has no obligation to wait for me. If he wants do go out with Kanoka-san he can. It's clear she likes him but I don't wanna lose him. Ugh I sound so stupid -

"Y/N Catch!" I turn around and see Kiyoko toss me a bag with Hinata''s shoes.

"YES KIYOKO!" I cheer with the other third years as she smiles softly.

I turn to the team and smile at them. "First game at nationals since the Little Giant. We are going to win." I say looking at them fondly. They have grown so much and I got to see it.

"Thank you miss manager!" They say and I smile softly at them. I look at Tanaka and we smile at each other before I go to the stands where I meet Yachi.

Round One - Tsubakihira.

================================================================================

We're back at Jaybird Inn and we are all in fine spirits because of our first win of the national games. We face Inarizaki tomorrow but for now we are all relaxing.  Im sitting in the common area with the rest of the team, except Tanaka he went to go talk to Kanoka-san.

"Y/N!" Keishin-nii calls out in a panicked voice from the hallway. I turn around and see him. Cel phone to his ear and a surprised frown on his face. The whole team sees and goes quiet.

"What? What's wrong?" I rush up to him ready to hear what was up.

"Gramps is in the hospital." He say worriedly.

"Wh-at? Why!?" I ask. I can feel my eyes watering.

"He had a heart-attack and collapsed while he was training the little kids. The doctors said he'd be fine but we should be watching over him more." Keishin-nii explains trying to calm me down after seeing how scared I got. "Don't worry Dad went to see him and he's awake." He continues and I nod slowly as I calm done.

"O-okay." I say and he says more things to me that I don't catch before going to bed. Parts of me wanted to stay with Gramps to watch over him but he said to go so I did. I stand in the halls doorway even though my brothers not there anymore.

"Are you okay?" Yachi and Kiyoko ask walking up to me.

"Y-ya I just nee some air." I step out of the small inn and let out a large sigh.

"Fuck." I sob quietly walking down the street. I told Gramps he could come and watch the inevitable match agains Nekoma but he's in the hospital. Maybe he can move in with Keishin-nii and I or I can move in with him o-

"Y/N?" Tanaka touches my shoulder and I jump in shock. "What's wrong?" He asks and I shake my head. I don't want to talk about this right now.

"I-it's n-nothin-g." I cry softly as he gives me a hug. It's been almost 2 months since he's held me and it feels so nice.

"We don't need to talk about it." He says and kisses me on the cheek and I push him away.

"I-I'm sorry I can't right now. I r-really fucking like y-ou but you like Kiyoko and Kanoka-san likes you. I can't-t think ab-out it a-anymore. Gramps is in the hospital and I-. I'm sorry." I sob running back to the inn and leaving Tanaka in the cold. What a jerk move on my part.